cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Eclipse throwing error - wizard could not be open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today i downloaded Crystal Reports for Eclipse version 3.4.1. i copied the same to the program files folder & while i double click on eclipse.exe. I am able to get in to the eclipse, but while i am trying to create a blank report by right click project -> New -> Other ->Crystal Report -> Blank Report i am getting error " Problem Opening the wizard" & additional details on error as " the selectd wizard could not be started Plug-incom.businessobjects.designer.blankreportwizard was undable to load class com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.blankreportwizard.blankreportwizard.com/businessobjects/crystalreprots/designer/blankreportwizard/blankreportwizard(unsupported major.minor version 49.0)"

In my machine i have J2SE Development Kit 5.0 Update 11 & J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11 . Can anyone help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Siby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to install Crystal Report For Eclipse with a already installed Eclipse 3.4.1 version.

Please make sure that you are using all the supported platforms for Crystal Report For Eclipse.

Thanks,

Shilpi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Problem was beucase of using wrong JVM. i corrected and set and class path now working fine.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The error:

unsupported major.minor version 49.0

Indicates you're not using Java JVM version 1.5 or higher.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure you have Tomcat 5.5 installed on your machine.

Also JAVA_HOME and Tomcat's CATALINA path are set accordingly in Environment Variables.

After setting these restart machine and Eclipse.

The latest version for crystal report for eclipse isCrystal Report For Eclipse v2.0 SP1

Thanks,

Neeraj

Edited by: Neeraj SP on May 19, 2009 6:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theres nothing like Crystal Report for Eclipse 3.4.1

The latest pack is Crystal Reports for Eclipse 2.0 with mannual installation or

You download plugin andintegrate into the supported Eclipse.

Please read the top post in this forum

Regards,

Tej