cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We have a non unicode system 4.6c, and we have built a unicode system ECC6.0, which is a new built system with no database, we wanted to copy the database of a non-unicode system that is 4.6c to a ECC system which is unicode, is this possible, if so what are the precautions to be taken , will any problems arise any SAPnotes to be considered.

(Note you might want to say that to upgrade 4.6c to the unicode, but for company it is not possible as per there situations) so they have to do in the above way as discussed.

Please let me know if some one is aware of the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have a non unicode system 4.6c, and we have built a unicode system ECC6.0, which is a new built system with no database

A system with no database? I hardly believe you can call that "a system"

> we wanted to copy the database of a non-unicode system that is 4.6c to a ECC system which is unicode, is this possible, if so what are the precautions to be taken , will any problems arise any SAPnotes to be considered.

Totally not possible.

If you go from Non-Unicode to Unicode you need to perform a conversion, not just a copy. You have to

- get your 4.6c to a specific SP level

- run preprocessing work (e. g. make your ABAP development Unicode compatible, create vocabulary/codepage assignments using SPUM4 etc.)

- upgrade the system to ECC 5.0 or ERP 6.0 (4.6c is not Unicode enabled)

- export the database content using R3load - here the conversion takes place

- import the system again using R3load

It's not possible to have a 4.6c Unicode system since at the time 4.6c was developed Unicode was not a standard.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the system is there with database oracle( typing mistake) it is a fresh new system which is ECC 6.0.

we wanted to copy the database of a non-unicode system that is 4.6c to a ECC system which is unicode, is this possible, if so what are the precautions to be taken , will any problems arise any SAPnotes to be considered

You said it is not possible for the above can i know the reasons for the same, any SAPNotes in regarding the same, Because i need to explain all the database and other points why it is not possible.

Thnaks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You said it is not possible for the above can i know the reasons for the same, any SAPNotes in regarding the same, Because i need to explain all the database and other points why it is not possible.

It's not possible in any case. 4.6c is running on a 4.6x kernel and can't be run on an ERP/Netweaver kernel/basis.

If you need Unicode you must upgrade the system.

I suggest you read

http://service.sap.com/unicode

--> FAQ

http://service.sap.com/unicode@sap (for the conversion guides).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes