Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track down duplicates record in BPC 5.1

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

We had a consultant who builds up a script which pulled all the data files from different sources and finally load in SAP BPC. We are seeing duplicates in our SAP BPC for excel reports. We looked at couple of tables at SQL level and everything looks fine. We also look at the data files separately and all of them have unique values. Iu2019m fairly new to SAP BPC. Can you guys give some tips, so I can track down u201CDupsu201D and able to fix the bug !

Also let me know is it recommended to write VBA code to get rid of duplicates for one of the SAP BPC reports?

Thanks,

-Saquib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly do you mean by duplicates? Two (or more) data records in the same intersection of members, across all dimensions in the application? These will be combined into one record when the database is optimized. And add'l records will be added, if you have input schedules where users modify data.

So you must be very careful about how you remove data from the database.

If you're seeing data in reports that is different from what's in the database, then it's more likely a bug in the report, not the data -- or else the cubes are not properly processed.

I wouldn't have any idea how VBA could help solve the problem, but I'm not really sure what is your problem. More commonly, SQL helps to identify where there are data integrity issues.

If you have a problem with the data in the cube not matching what's in your source files, it may be related to how data was initially imported, depending on the merge vs. clear option you selected during the imports. That's where I would start the investigation, if I understand your problem correctly.

The correct solution is probably to fix the import routine and re-load, rather than much around in the BPC tables until you think you got it right. Otherwise, next time you need to load data, you'll have the same problem.

Answers (0)