cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a application dynamically for a component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one know how to create an application dynamically for a component, so without using SE80?

I already found class cl_wdy_md_application, but I do not know if this is the right direction. Maybe somebode already solved this issue.

Regards,

Remco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no SAP provided, released, and supported API for creating an application dynamically. You should create it at design time within the ABAP workbench.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the quick answer!

But do you know if SAP has planned to develop such an API to solve my problem?

Regards,

Remco

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't think there are plans for such an API. The Application is a development object and should require a developers' key to create and should be placed into a transport. It also needs to generate the SICF service node. Like most repository objects, there aren't public APIs to generate these objects.

What exactly are you trying to acomplish? Perhaps dynamic processing would be a better solution to generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See next message

Edited by: Remco Broen on May 20, 2009 10:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In SRM it is possible to call own made webdynpro components and fill them with data, and then process these data into a new shopping card. This can be done by filling a so called HOOK_URL. In SRM you have to do customizing and fill in the URL to be used of the WebDynpro application. So far, still no problems.

I have built a component by which an user can fill several Z tables and then he can display a form he has made by himself (a so called free order form). So the component will check all Z tables, and generate in one view, the context dynamically as also the layout dynamically. In all Z tables one field has been used as one of the keyfields and that is free order form name and this is also a parameter of the application so that this application knows which data to get from the Z tables to generate a form.

And because it is possible to generate more then one forms, I have create per form 1 application with the specific parameter, and this URL can be entered in the customizing of SRM.

This application creation I did myself, but now I want to accomplish, when the user creates a new form by filling specific tabels via webdynpro, that he can generate the application by himself.

Maybe I can create a FM/BAPI for the BDC recording and then call this from my web dynpro application as there is no API.

Do you maybe have another solution?

Regards,

Remco

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Maybe I can create a FM/BAPI for the BDC recording and then call this from my web dynpro application as there is no API.

Are you going to let the end users do this action in production? If so you will have to open your production system for creation and editing of development objects. This is very much not recommended. You will also have to register all these user with developers' keys and pay for development licenses for them.

Perhaps it has something to do with the way that this SRM application works that I'm not familiar with, but I don't really understand why you need to create a new Application. If you can pass the dynamic information as a URL parameter, why not just have one application and then different values for the URL parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

These actions will take place in the development system and then transported to quality and finally to production. But indeed giving every user a development key, that will not be tolerated.

But I will investigate whether it is possible to only use 1 application and then pass through the parameter for which free order form is being used as an URL parameter, which I also created in the application.

Thanks for your help and if you are interested how I did solve, I will inform you.

Answers (0)