Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory runs full after a short time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i am facing a problem.

We are using a Pi 7.1 and are using the JCo to connect during the Mapping from the Java Stack into the PI ABAP Stack to call a function module in the target ERP System to read data from our target system.

Due to the fact, that we have a lot of data throughput (over 100 000+ per Day) the memory of the Java Engine increases and increase until the RAM of the PI is full and the mapping processes takes hours. And it don't decreases by itself so we have to restart the J2EE Instance almost everyday now to free the memory.

Is anybody facing this problem, too or even has a solution to this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there are probably many ways to enhance this flow

first of all I'd suggest trying to change it

like for example instead of using JCO create a simple ABAP

mapping that will do the lookup instead of the JCO

(ABAP mapping can only do the lookup the rest you can do in message

mapping, java mapping etc.)

of you can try to send a larger number of messages from the source system

let's say not 100.000 messages but 1000 with 1000 records each

and do tje JCO only 1000 times with multiple result set

but I'm sure there are many other ways you can make it flow

just ask an XI consultant which has access to the specification and your system to help you

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thanks for the fast answer. First of all: i mean 100 000 data sets per Day.. not messages... we have one message with always 3000 data sets... and there can be more than 30 messages of this each day.

Furthermore i think it is not possible to use an separated ABAP Mapping, because we need the result of the called function modules during our mapping processes. The Mapping of some fields depends on the return-value of the function modules.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is a bug in the Java Environment, concerning the garbage collect. SAP is working on a solution.