Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Web Services from Syndication Maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way by which we can call web services from a Syndication map. The

Insert/Update in Portal -> Portal Calls the Syndication Map -> Syndication map calls webservices which in-turn sends the syndicated data to Webmethod( Middleware) and triggers webmthod to send the data to other target systems.

Please let us know if this is possible or if any workaround is available.

Thanks in Advance

-Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udya

You cannot get the Syndicator to call a WebService upon Syndication. What usually happens is the Syndicator (or Syndication server) creates the XML file in a specific location. Whatever message broker you're using (PI or WebMethods) is configured to monitor that location. Once the file is detected, control of the process passes to the middleware which can call WebServices.

HTH,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand PI can poll the Ready folder of the MDM Outbound port and pull in the data from there. In such case, we can go for the normal MDM syndication process.

However, please confirm whether WEBMETHOD is also capable of similar polling mechanism. As far as I know, data should be pushed to Webmethod in order to process it further and thats why we are thinking of alternatives such as Webservices.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udya

I don't know WebMethods so I cannot comment on its functionality. However, if WebMethods does not have such capability then there are other options (e.g. a simple operating system script can be used to detect the file and when found start a program - which can call a webservice.)

HTH,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. I need to look more into the capabilities of WebMethods.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to invoke Webservice from sysndication map.

Please refer sap help for more details on how to syndicate MDM data to other systems.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/ff/37e4c6857449388ddb6c77f160ac4f/frameset.htm]

Thanks & Regards,

Veeru.