Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SMD Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In order to install Wily Introscope Agent, initially I have installed

a SMD Agent on managed system host.

After the installtion of SMD Agent , while starting the SMD agent I am getting below error .

Starting SMDAgent ...

Establishing connection to server '[host is empty]' on port [port is

empty]

Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no credentials

found.

Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no credentials

found.

Waiting for connection ...

Checking server availability...

Warning :

Connecting to SMD server null failed - error counter: 0 -

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: No

InitialContext can be created because the java.naming.provider.url

property is no specified in the jndi environment.

Next try to push instance data in SLD is Tue May 19 14:36:31 CDT 2009

I have given user SLDAPIUSER in SLDAPICUST transaction. This user

which is not locked and I have also reconfirmed the password of this

user.

Kindly request your suggestion!!!!

Regards,

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I had the same problem on my SolMan system (Managed System):

Hostname: wecap1a.pgh.wec.com

Install directory: /usr/sap/SMD/J98

I corrected it by following the instructions in the Diagnostics Agent 7.11 Setup Guide, section 3.2.7 (Change the Managing System of the Diagnostics Agent) on page 21.

Step 1. Stop the diagnostic agent (as smdadm)

cd /usr/sap/SMD/J98/scripts

./smdstop.sh

Step 2. Connect the agent to the Managing System:

./smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"sapms://wecap1a.pgh.wec.com" port:"8100" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"XXXX"

Step 3. Register the SLD

./smdsetup.sh sldconf hostname:"wecap1a.pgh.wec.com" port:"50000" user:"SLDAPICUST" pwd:"XXXX"

Step 4. Restart the diagnostic agent

./smdstart.sh

Verify the connection in the log /usr/sap/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/log/SMDSystem.0.log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you fix all problems regarding SMD Agent ?

Best regards

P. Cuennet

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I remember Wily 7.2. although the documentation suggests you either deploy wily bytecode agent OR deploy wily host agent,

in fact I had to deploy BOTH. With the bytecode agent deployed the SMD managed system wizard was able to deploy the host agent on the managed system.

Just so you understand, you use SDM to deploy wily hostagent (.SCA) on solman system. then SMD managed system wizard installs wily hostagent on managed system. where it is used. (after running SMD managed system wizard sucessfully you must restart managed system).

SMD=Solution Manager Diagnostics

SDM=Software Deployment Manager

Ken Chamberlain

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you install SMD agent, making a direct connection to managing system or by 'registering in central SLD' method ?

and have you added an SLD for sld data supplier to the SLD server of the managing system ?

It's not able to find the 'Managing host', it means, something wrong in installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

which option you have chosen when it ask

Connection to diagnostic agent

Lookup HTTP server via message server

or

Direct connection via Java DIspatcher

did you chose the first option?

and also check in SMSY how the landscape data is being fetched. is through RFC's or SLD

-Thanks

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saurabh / Bhudev,

Thanx for the help...

Now i have selected "Lookup HTTP server via message server" and this error is gone. Currently in SMSY data is being fetched through SLD.

I can see the the agent host entry in SMD/Diagnostic Administration/Managed System/Agent Administration..... But I can not see this entry for same Host agent in SMD/Diagnostic Setup/Managed System/Introscope Agent.

Solution Manager patch level is 16 so deployment of ISAGENTSMD is not required.

Currently, I am getting below error at diagnostic agent host level,

Error CAPatchInstaller_190a0d6: Error looking for CA directories, accessing Filesystem application: com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.filesystem.exc.

RemoteFileNotFound: [Filesystem] File [F:\usr\sap\ccms\component_analyzer] doesn't exist; canonical path is [F:\usr\sap\ccms\component_analyzer]

Warning CAPatchInstaller_190a0d6: No Component Analyzer directory found!

Expecting your Kind cooperation!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suhas

'SMD/Diagnostic Setup/Managed System/Introscope Agent'

to see an entry here, you have to install willy introscope agent too, just as you installed SMD agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhudev,

Thanks for the quick reply.....

To install introscope agent as per the Installation Guide on wily Introscope 7.2 (pg 19) when I try to deploy ISAGENTSMD72*.SCA i.e. ISAGENTSMD72_03-10005468.SCA

on solution manager host, It says component is already deployed . (May be as SOLMAN is at patch level 16)

Kindly request your help on following points:

a) Do we have to deploy SCA file on Solution Manager host or managed system host as I am getting above mentioned warning

b) Only deployment of ISAGENTSMD72*.SCA file is sufficient or anything else is required.?

c) am I doing the correct steps for Wily Introscope Manager or anything else is required?

Hoping your Kind Cooperation!!!!!!

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

use Willy introscope 8

and go through Willy 8 guide at service.sap.com/diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhudev,

Thanx for the reply.

Currently my solution manager patch level is 16. So I think installation of wily introscope 8.0 is not possible. As increasing patch level will need some approvals and more time as well so I planned of installing implement 7.2.

I tried to install Wily Introscope agent on Solution Manager host. I undeployed the existing 7.0 wily and successfully deployed the ISAGENTSMD72_03-10005468.SCA

But still I can not see this entry for same Host agent in SMD/Diagnostic Setup/Managed System/Introscope Agent.

I also tried manual installation of introscope agent but unfortunately Log folder is not getting created.

remaining all the are completed.

Kindly request to to guide me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While configuring the SMSY in solution Manager system after defining the s/w components, related systems, products etc I created a New solution in DSWP and linked the s/w components and systems to this new solution in SMSY.

But, I am not able to see or access this new solution through portal in order to connect managed system. (SMD URL > Diagnostics Setup > Managed systems > Setup Wizard)

Kindly request you to suggest!!!!

Thanks

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Did you run the smdiag_wizard transaction on the SOLMAN to publish your solution landscape to the SMD?

If not please execute this transaction.A pre-requisite for this transaction to run is you should have installed the Diagnostics Agents on the managed system.

I hope this helps

Thanks,

Shashank

sbastien_buchy
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same probleme when i try to stard SMDAgent

i have try the smdiag_wizard transaction on solution manager system but the transaction doesn't exist...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear Suhas

Did you resolve this issue. We are getting the same error in the SMD log "No InitialContext can be created because the java.naming.provider.url property is no specified in the jndi environment."

WE re-installed succesfully SMD agents in Managed System with Central SLD option and in SAP Sol Man we see the SMD agents in Agent Candidates Managements under the >Custome SLD,> SLD View

But when trying to attach SMD agents for SolMan registration, it is showing still waiting...for days.

we tried many time with correct user ID and Password...still the same problem

Appreciate you comments...

Many Thanks!

Santosh Asuthkar

Edited by: Santosh Asuthkar on Aug 18, 2009 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check whether the SMD agent is still running pls?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sucool,

I have exactly the same problem. Could you please tell me how did you change the SMD setting to resolve the issue?

Regards,

Masoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh Asuthkar

I am receiving the same error in my SMD agent log:

Starting SMDAgent ...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:48 PM [Thread[main,5,main]] Info Establishing connection to server '[host is empty]' on port [port is empty]

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:51 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no cred

entials found.

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:51 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info Smd connector is disabled because no SLD association and no cred

entials found.

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:51 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [null] Waiting for connection ...

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:52 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Info [null] Checking server availability...

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:53 PM [Thread[SMDAgent connection thread,5,main]] Warning Connecting to SMD server null failed - error counter: 0 - com.sa

p.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: No InitialContext can be created because the java.naming.provider.url property i

s no specified in the jndi environment.

Dec 8, 2009 1:43:54 PM [Thread[SLD-Registration,1,main]] Info [SLDReg] Next try to push instance data in SLD is Wed Dec 09 01:43:54 EST

Dec 8, 2009 1:46:52 PM [Thread[SLD-AssocWatcher,1,main]] Info [SLDManagingConnectionMonitor] Next time to check Managing System Associat

ion is Tue Dec 08 14:01:52 EST 2009

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can you please provide details if you found a solution?

Thanks!!!!!

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is not the right way. But as a last workaround I installed the agents manually with SAP ALL.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is not the right way. But as a last workaround I installed the agents manually with SAP ALL.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!