Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data to Z table from a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there some way I can import data from a file into Z table without creating BDC for SM30 transaction. Is there some facility in SM30 itself which will allow me to do mass data imports?

Thanks for reading

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant an excel file

0 Kudos

If you have LSMW , You can upload data using LSMW. But if you dont have much validations i suggest upload via BDC only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vamshi

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wish there can be upload utility ..But BDC is only a good option OR you can write a program which reads your file INSERT in DB .

After that You can compare the view using tr.SCMP and adjust in other clients OR Transport the entries ..

Hope this’ll give u some help!!

Don’t forget to award the points !!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think you are much better off writing a simple program using Insert. If you are going to use program frequently then Insert DB statement is definately better in performance then BDC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

Check the link below, its a utility tool available on SDN itself and you can use this tool to upload data to any z table.

Ofcourse the best way is to write a simple piece of code but at time we need to work smarter ;-).

<a href="/people/alvaro.tejadagalindo/blog/2006/03/16/taking-good-care-of-z-data & Download data from any Z table</a>

Hope this helps.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

1. Does this Z Table have an associated

Program (MOdule Pool)

for data entry purpose ?

2. If yes, then its always better

to put data in Z Table via BDC.

<b>3. Other wise its not necessary at all !</b>