cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age not getting updated for past months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have loaded the cube 0PA_C01 for HR data regarding Personal Administration.

Since I have loaded the cube in April,therefore in the cube when I see I get the correct Age of an employee for April.But for March,Feb and Jan I am not getting the Age as it is not getting updated.I checked the update rule 0HR_PA_0 and 0HR_PA_1,according to me it calculates the age based on system date.

The data in my cube looks as below:

AGE CALMONTH HEADCOUNT

1. 012006 2679

2. 022006 2694

3. 032006 2694

15 042006 1

20 042006 1

and so on.

Could you please suggest how to get the Age for past months?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Please check the start routine for the cube and update routine for Age . I think you are taking employee's date of birth from master data of 0EMPLOYEE and based on current date you calculate his age . In that case load the data from PSA for few records for March, Feb and Jan and debug the update routine to see any problem is there or not.

Regards,

Prakash B

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

The Age in Years characteristic contains an employee's age at the end of a period.

The age characteristics are calculated using update rules at the end of a period. The period depends on the InfoSource from which it is taken. For example, the end of the period can be at the end of a calendar day or month.

First check where BCT routine for Age is proper installed / defined or not.

If you have any specific calculation logic customize the standard Age routine.

RC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to load the data by restricting the data upto March 2006 but then also the Age is not getting updated.I am using standard updated rules provided by SAP.I have checked it is properly installed.

Is there any correction or note so that age for past months is updated ?

Thanks and regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I tried to load the data by assigning constant value that of March 2006 in the transfer routine but then also the age didnt get updated.But when I assigned May 2006 in the transfer routine the age got updated.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try oss 556266 Error in update rules for 0EMPLOYEE and 0PERSON https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=012006153200001741462002

or 800366 Incorrect update rules for 0PERSON master data

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=012006153200001689182004

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manfred,

I checked the above note and checked with my update rule.

Whatever correction has been told in the note is already avilable in my update rules.

Therefore the correction is not required.

For note 556266,whatever correction is proposed is for BW 2.1.We are already on BW 3.5

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the update rule for age,a customized one?

If so it could happen that routine was setup after the data load of March.So April load is correct while the other older loads are not.

Try deleting and reconstructing the data requests of months older than April,in the cube.See if this corrects the age.

Another thing confused me.

AGE CALMONTH HEADCOUNT

1. 012006 2679

2. 022006 2694

3. 032006 2694

15 042006 1

20 042006 1

Does datasource send 1 record for each employee?Looks so as it has employee age(which must be calculated by difference between date of birth and system-date).Then how come each record has HEADCOUNT field?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

You would have to write an ABAP Code in the update rules so that for dates below a particular date calculate the 0age on a different date rather than on system date.

Bye

Dinesh