cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maint Plan scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strategy based plan scheduling is carried out.

Sch period is 1 year. Got 12 calls.

From April 2009 to April 2010.

After April 2010 how sytem generates further calls. System will automatically generate

after April 2010 or I've to do. Pls clarify

Regards,

Thambi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thambi,

Use IP30 after 365 days, for further call.

Riyaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thambi prasad

You may have given the scheduling period in the plan 365 days. That is why it is showing planning upto 1 year & 12 calls are generated. if you give more days system will generate more calls (depending on your strategy.).

Secondly though you have given scheduling period 365 days & after completing 12 call generated. You just open the plan in IP10 & click on Update scheduling button. The further call will get generated for next year.

I hope this satisfy your quary.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Makarand & Pithan,

Thanks for your inputs.

After 12 calls as per you if i click update scheduling icon in Ip10 system will generate 12 more calls

for year 2010-2011...right. Now i've completed one call for April 2009....suppose if i click update

scheduling icon system should create one new call for 2010 ...right...but i'm not getting any new call

only 12 old calls only exist ie till April 2010.

Waiting for your valuable replies

Thambi

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Every time the user does scheduling through IP10 the only thing you need to do is click on Update Scheduling (There is a refresh button below your list) each time. This will take care of including additional calls for the next scheduling period

When u do a deadline monitoring using IP30, the

Rescheduling included check box when checked will take care automatically

SAP Definition for Rescheduling included check box in IP30

Use

The indicator is set in the standard system. The system therefore reschedules the maintenance plan. The system ensures that at least one on-hold maintenance call is always available. Data such as the cycle modification factor and call interval, which have changed in the meantime, is considered during deadline monitoring. If you do not set the indicator, the system only generates the next on-hold maintenance call if one of the following conditions is met:

You have confirmed the maintenance plan in scheduling.

The last maintenance call object is confirmed (this means that an order has been technically completed, a maintenance notification has been completed, or a service entry sheet has been accepted). You have also manually updated the dates for the maintenance plan in scheduling.

Regards

Rakesh

Edited by: RAKESH ASHOK MANE on May 20, 2009 5:31 AM

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the scheduling period u mentioned.. as well as the start date...

Since u have opened one cal .. then u should have changed the schduling period.. then only it will display the next new call...

- Pithan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If u have scheduled the cal from april 2009 - march 2010. You have completed the cal object which was created on april 2009... U need to complete all scheduled calls then only u can re-schedule for the next year...

Else schedule for 5 years... until then no problem

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan, Rakesh & All,

I completed one call. As per Rakesh i clicked update sch icon but system not gives 13th call object.

As per Pithan after completion of 12 calls i've to go for rescheduling means.....pls clarify

Again my scheduling period will be same in Maint plan as 1 year as on April 2010...

Rescheduling what it means? after completion of 12 calls again i've to click

which icon in IP10 like Start, Restart.

Pithan i agree with your solution of Sch Period of 5 years.....but client is not ready to accept this.

Pls give your valuable inputs

Thambi

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thambi

You have completed the April 2009 call.. ok. Now why u want to open the cal for april 2010 ?

Since u have scheduled for 1 year.. it means from april 2009 - march 2010... rite...

If u try to restart in IP10... it was ask for delete or skip or cancel... If u delete.. it will leave the cal which is called and give create another schedule of cals for the one year...

Pl Note : you need to change the start of cycle date, such as to reach the April 2009... you cycle start date should be May 2009... then only u can open a cal for April 2010

If u complete all the 12 call till March 2010 and u schedule for one year from from April 2010 - March 2011... at that time u can give skip.. such that it will give u calls from that particular period... meawhile u should enter the the start of cycle as April 2010...

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

You r right. I'm not going for reschedule now.

My doubt is after completion of 12 calls ie March 2010 call how system will reschedule for another 12 calls from April 2010 to March 2011.

In IP10 i've to click manually Restart, then system will ask for Skip or delete....if i select skip

then i've to give start of date...then system will give 12 more calls....This is manual scheduling

I accept with your solution. Client asks me he's having 100 Maint plans....how he will do for each

plan after March 2010....pls clarify

Is there any way by IP30....first we should get scheduled hold calls then IP30 will convert sch hold calls

to call object rite...i'm not sure whether IP30 will work

If i'm wrong pls correct me.....

Thambi

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

System will not reschedule the call.. until u enter the start of cycle date...

If u use IP10... then... all calls will be scheduled.. no calls will be on hold... It will again be a problem...

If u use IP30... try to create a batch program.. such that,.. where u can give the start of cycle date...In IP30 u wont be giving the start of cycle date...

It will schedule the call from ip10.. where u give the start of cycle..

Better way

Tell the client.. why they need to schedule every year.. since u have to do it manually... otherwise they can schedule for long period.. order will be open on the respective time interval...

Since if ur equipment is damaged.. u can put deletion flag.. until it is ready.. thats why i am telling.. there are other possiblities by scheduling for more period...

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan & All,

Client requirement is Sch period as 1 year.

Based on performance of prev Maint schedule they will decide abt sch period on April 2010

whether to go for sch period as 1 yr or 2 yr or 5 yr.

On April 2010 how to go for scheduling for 100 plans thru IP10 or IP30

Pithan ....pls share your answer (your previous mail is little bit confusing me...i'm not able

to catch it whether u ask me to go for IP10 or IP30)

Thambi

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thambi,

Scheduling period is used to only see the future due maintenance orders in that period. If you mention scheduling period as 1 Yr, it does not mean scheduling will continue till 1 Yr only. It will continue forever, only thing is that you will be able to see orders only for next 1 Yr in advance.

You will have to always re-schedule the maintenance plan, after each order completion thats all.

Try following for assurance: Create a single cycle maintenance plan for schduling period of 5 Days. Take cycle as 1 DAY. Start the maintenance plan 1 day before the of creation of it.

Here, after scheduling that maintenance plan you can see next 5 due maintenance orders (because scheduling period is 5 days & cycle is 1 day) in scheduling (IP10). Complete the maintenance order generated from maint plan.

After completion of previous order and at the arrival of planned date again you will see next 5 due maintenance orders.

If you create today maintenance plan as said above, again tomorrow re-schedule the same plan with update button in IP10. Here again you will see next due 5 Orders.

The same way I did it yesterday and today I have got 5 orders again & its the same for strategy based plan also.

Try it your query will get cleared.

Sundar

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thambi,

Regarding your client requirement:

For any machine if you have cycle always less than one year (eg. 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, 12 month)better to go for Scheduling period as 1 Year.

If cycle is 1 yr, 1.5 yr, 2 Yr (i.e. more that 1 yr & less than 2 yr) better two go for scheduling period as 2 yr .......and so on.

Every maintenance plan should have been started with IP10. (It is required to mention start date of plan). After this with the help of IP30 & backround program all maintenance plan will keep on re-scheduling.

Sundar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can schedule it for 1 yr. After year, if u dont need to carry Manual scheduling u need to do by back ground program.. by which u can re-schedule it... Speak with ur Abaper for this

You have completed the calls upto march 2010... u need to manually reschedule the plan... otherwise.. write a back ground program... to schedule the plans automaticaly...

Check with the abaper..

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sundar, Pithan & All....

Awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already posted the answer for this

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once the call dates are over. system will not generate calls after the scheduling period u have mentioned.

You need to re-schedule it... System wil ask to delete or skip the calls created before... so u can skip the call.... give the scheduling period for another one year or more and schedule it...

This will create the new call object from 2010

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thambi prasad

You may have given the scheduling period in the plan 365 days. That is why it is showing planning upto 1 year & 12 calls are generated. if you give more days system will generate more calls (depending on your strategy.).

Secondly though you have given scheduling period 365 days & after completing 12 call generated. You just open the plan in IP10 & click on Update scheduling button. The further call will get generated for next year.

I hope this satisfy your quary.

Regards

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think system will not generate calls after April 2010,unless yuou change the scheduling period,kindly check

regards

thyagarajan

former_member681489
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello dear

you have to schedule it furher for desired period

jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to re start/reschdule your maintenance plan after one year.