cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down list of a User Entry Variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I had a query which is based on a Multi Cube and which is based on 5 Info Cubes...

In my query i had a Manual Input Variable Created on Location ID.

In total i had 6 different Locations...

When i execute a report based on that Multi Provider when i selected Drop down list of Location ID...insted of viewing all the 8 Location...

System is list onlt 2 Locations....

How can i make correction...that the List will display all the Locations....in the drop down list

I had SAP ALL authorisation in the system

Location ID infoobject is not a Authorisation Releavent

Please update how to proceed

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, its just because of in query for location characteristic, you have selected filter value based on posted value.

and here your cube contains only 2 location.

so just change the characteristic properties, for filter value from posted value to master data.

then it will show you all the values.

hope this is useful for you.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the update.......

I tried that

"so just change the characteristic properties, for filter value from posted value to master data."

I am in BI 7.0

Changed the setting

Filter value Selection During Query Execution

Values in Master Data Tables

Any alternate approaches...as it is not Working

Please update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

Have you check the provider -specific properties of the infoobject in the infoprovider(underlying cubes where this char is used). ?

In that Provider specific properties of infoobject change the Query Exec.Filterval - > Values in Master data.

Hope this helps

Sonal....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I agree with Ashish.

But instead of doing the changes at Info-object level .

Goto the perticular characteristic in multi-provider and in context menu you will find the option of changing the setting, so just change the characteristic properties there, for filter value from posted value to master data.

Thanks

Mukesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this one.

Go to Location ID infoobject-> Business Explorer tab> Query Def. value selection(values in master data table) and Query execution filter val. selection--> values in master data tab.

Hope it is useful.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

"Go to Location ID infoobject-> Business Explorer tab> Query Def. value selection(values in master data table) and Query execution filter val. selection--> values in master data tab."

What is the impact its going to be on Cubes....as the Cubes are already in Live system......