Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Header navigation in Web

Greetings!

BPS-Newbie here. I have tried to find this answer thru searches of the forum but to no avail.

I am trying to do the basic header navigation in the web. I understand about the combinations being unique, but also understood you could simulate the process using a variable.

I set up my level/package/layout using the variable and within the planning folder BPS appears happy and the layout worked as planned. I executed the Generate Web Interface from the planning folder (no errors), go to Web Interface, Customizing and choose the interface, do the generate, get all green messages back, but when I execute I get the message about the header combination not being unique.

So, I am trying to understand what I missed. Ideas?

Thanks in advance!, Paul

replied

Hi All,

Since you guys have already tried sooooo many options, just try doing this too.. . Paul if you wish to display the variable on web and have it for selection in the header level, you need to include variable component in your web interface. follow the steps to do it

bps_wb-right click on your page component-create subcomponent of SEL_VARL..then use your variable name which you created in bps0...now it will appear in header and u'll be able to navigate..hope it clears everyones doubt abt using variables in wib.

Thanks

Rohit

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question