cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when deployed to PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing OCA application for PDA. In my application I am creating context nodes at runtime which has multiple elements in it. I am also setting the visibilities of the ui elements by using class Visibility. Everything works fine on NWDS PDA Simulator.

But when I deploy this application to the PDA, the nodes which are getting created at runtime , it doesnt work. When there are multiple elements getting created at runtime , it is either showing only one element or none during runtime. Even the Visible.Blank property is not working on PDA.

The application is behaving strangely on PDA and the behaviour is lot different than the Simulator.

Please help...

Regards

Priya

Edited by: Priya Ghosh on May 19, 2009 5:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya ,

"It works fine on NWDS simulator " u said right.Which means are you deploying the application locally(directly from IDE).

Coming to deployment on PDA , how are you doing it?

1) Using server deployment (uploading SDA files) or

2) Using Active Sync option from the IDE itself.

If you are using the second option that should work fine too on PDA.

IF you are using the first option , i.e server deployment , you might be missing on updating the deployment descriptors.

For every change you make in IDE (whenever you save) , you make sure that you do the update of deployment descripotors, so that all the changes will be mapped in to the MCD.xml .

Then after the DC build , upload the sda files and now do the deployment on PDA.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had similar problems with NWDS emulator deployment versus actual PDA deployment.

Not sure if we have same setup, I am using MI 7.1 SP3 & SP7 and PDA using CreMe 4.12.

I just found out, it can sometimes be due to NWDS not being set to Java 1.3 compliance level.

Our PDA is running CreMe, and 1.3 is the JDK compliance level of CreME. Your NWDS might be set to your default JDK level.

Other reasons, the NWDS OCA plugins are a different version than the PDA SAP Mobile Components (pda_runtime_wince & pda_eswt_container).

If you are using Mobile OCA plugins of a different SP or even Patch Level than the PDA Mobile Client's SP\PL version, you may get unexpected results.

That is just some of my experiences with NWDS' PDA emulator versus actual PDA deployment.

One the forum experts might have something else to add that is specific to your context nodes at runtime and the Visibility class issue.