cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the contents of dropdown UI on top of the dropdown UI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Usually when we click the dropdown UI element the contents inside the dropdown gets listed below the dropdown UI element.

But my requirement is the contents in the dropdown should be listed above the dropdown UI element.I want to know whether this is possible ?

Regards,

Krishna Balaji T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

what is the amount of data you are showing in the Drop Down ,

i guess you can use ITEMLISTBOX instead of drop down , which will show the data

in more feasible way than the drop down , where you want to show the list up rather than down

go with itemlistbox ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I want to just show 5 datas in the dropdown.

You have suggested to use ITEMLISTBOX instead of dropdown.

I am unable to find ITEMLISTBOX UI in my netweaver studio(2004s).

Can you suggest the way to use ITEMLISTBOX in my webdynpro java application?

Regards,

Krishna Balaji T

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is this good for?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I too know that there is no any difference between displaying the contents of the dropdown below the dropdown UI versus displaying the contents of the dropdown on top of the dropdown UI.Both will list the same contents in the dropdown UI.

But my client's requirement is to display the contents of the dropdown on the top of the dropdown UI.

Regards,

Krishna Balaji T

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u mean by displaying the data abaove the dropdown ? do u just want to show the contents of the dropdown in pop up that is before the user clicks on the dropdown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I don't want to display the contents in any popup.

Normally when we click the arrow in the dropdown UI the list of contents gets displayed below the dropdown UI. Now i need to display the contents of the dropdown on above the dropdown UI.

Eg: When you click a dropdown in the bottom of the application , the dropdown opens above the dropdown UI(I want this to happen in every dropdown of my application).

Regards,

Krishna Balaji T