cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hexidecimal Non-Allowed Characters in a Unicode System

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a function module that we've written to replace non-permitted characters with a space in transfer rules. We see a lot of invisible hexidecimal characters coming in free form text fields. This work great for English. However, we have a Unicode system with other languages installed. We are also getting the hex characters in other character sets.

Has anyone dealt with this issue and if so what was you solution?

Thanks!

Al

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan, Could you send me the function module that you have written to move space in place of invalid hexadecimal characters?

We have written a code to check one character at a time with a list of known invalid Hex characters, but I am not sure if this is the best way to do this.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put this string ALL_CAPITAL in transaction RSKC may solve your problem if you have source system with other language such as chinese.

Regards,

Celeste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sankar:

Thank you for your response. Yes, checking against RSKC or another set of characters and replacing any that don't occur in those sets with a space or another allowed character is the typical solution. However, what do you do when you have non-English characters including Japanese, Chinese, etc? You can't account for all of the characters in RSKC. I found a function module SCP_REPLACE_STRANGE_CHARS. I was hoping that this function module would remove and/or replace any Hex invisible or characters that show up as '#'. However, it didn't work as I had hoped using code page 4102 (Unicode).

Any other ideas anyone?

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I also use function SCP_REPLACE_STRANGE_CHARS and it works fine for me, both for european and asian characters (well, we are not on Unicode yet, though). Do you use default parameters for that function module or set your own? For me it turned out to be useful to set inter_cp to the codepage of the server (obtained with SCP_GET_CODEPAGE_NUMBER) instead of default one.

Also I translated all # and ! characters to spaces and converted output of SCP_REPLACE_STRANGE_CHARS into capitals (all via TRANSLATE). We are hitting Unicode very soon, so I will be able to see how it works with Unicode.

Cheers,

/RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

We are also having the problem of loading japanese chars in BW.

I saw your reply on this issue. I need more information on this process i.e how and where to use this function module. and would it surely solve this issue .any side-effects or some other precautionary measure we have to take in mind?

Thanks in advance

//Anuj