Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping wi's messages by hour

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to configure the R/3 to show the user, all the wi's received. But I want to know if is possible to group those wi's in a message by hour.

Is it possible ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

I think you mean the workitem inbox in the SAP Business Workplace, right?

This list is an ALV object. It doesn't support grouping on time.

If grouping is inevitable to have <i>somehow</i>, you could think of using the WIGROUP_ID object and put an object ZTIME in it, where ZTIME is (of course) a custom-made object that reflects a certain length of time, e.g. one hour. This will result in several "folders" under "group by sorting criteria" (or something similar like this in english).

It will not sort/group the whole list anyways but put the workitem into several hourly folders, let's say.

Best wishes,

Florin

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florin,

No, I mean the pop up message that tell the user that it has some wi's in its inbox.

Did you understand ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

I see. Well, this dialog that pops up when the user logs in into the R/3 system is pretty static:

<i>Either you have it, or you don't.</i>

The same thing is with express-workitems: They give a dialog pop up as soon as they are created in the workitem inbox (and one for each of them), which wouldn't be a good idea either.

Have you thought of notifying the users with a eMail instead of having a popup? Because by planning these reports as a job you will certainly have full control over an hourly report.

Have a look at the programs

RSWUWFML

RSWUWFML2 (newer version, if available)

and a more closer look at the option "one mail for all new workitems".

Best wishes,

Florin

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi. It's the same solution we have found here. Developing a job for send mail by each wi or group of wi.

But the best way for me would be a pop up message on sap.

But if don't work fine only for my application (because the pop ups go to all users in the same system, etc...)...

I'll try to find another way to do it.

Thanks a lot!

Glauco

msn: glaucokubrusly@hotmail.com