Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Authorization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few User's in our production system is asking for Debugging Authorization.May I know what is Debug Authorization?

I have seen that particular user is asking for Jump and Replace debug authorization.

What is jump and replace Debug authorization?

Kindly help me what can they able to do it in system and what are values needs to be maintained in Authorization objects?.

Regards

Karthika

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't you think it would be more appropriate to do some basic training?

These are discussion forums and you can use the search, but they are not a substitute to training...

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I am new to SAP.

I am always trying to do most of the things in Sand Box client itself.But for few things, I don't know how to move further.

Even In search, I am not able to get the required information for debugging authorization.Thats why I raised the call.

However,Sorry for Inconvinence.

Regards

Karthika

0 Kudos

You really should insist on getting proper training. If you want to learn SAP security administration by trial and error and through the forum, a long and hard struggle awaits you with no guarantees whatsoever.........

0 Kudos

Hi,

Debug access can be get with below two authorization object.

S_DEVELOP

S_PROGRAM

We not supposed to provide DEBUG access in Authorization fied(except ABAPers).

0 Kudos

Hi Karthika!

In my opinion "Debug" access is critical on Production system, I think you should give this access with approvals from higher ups, its not wise you take this call.

This value will give Debug access with value change ability, which is not good on PRD( i think you should do good research on this before you go ahead)

E&Y team raised there concerns with this access on our production system, now i am cleaning up the roles removing values '02' and object type :Debug on our PRD roles. I am thinking to get a process around this "will assign access on demand for little time" also will put approvals around this to make my life easy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no separate t-code for debugging. Actually debugging means checking a particular program (mostly by the functional & ABAP team) in the system. S_DEVELOP is teh main object that needs to be maintained for this. You need to give the "DEBUG" value in the field Object Type.

Regards,

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Few User's in our production system is asking for Debugging Authorization.May I know what is Debug Authorization?

A way to look behind all screens, inside the running programs. This also may allow users to see data which is normally hidden from them according to their authroizations.

> I have seen that particular user is asking for Jump and Replace debug authorization.

> What is jump and replace Debug authorization?

I suspect they mean debugging with changed parameters.

The fastest way to get around all other authorizations. Like giving SAP_ALL..... Have their bosses and their bosses' bosses sign the requests and send those to the auditors for agreement before you put your job in danger.

> Kindly help me what can they able to do it in system

Everything you do not want to happen in production systems.

> and what are values needs to be maintained in Authorization objects?.

Do a search on object S_DEVELOP objecttype DEBUG

And yes, I agree with Julius. Take some training, you're already on very thin ice, both inside your job and here in the forum.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on May 19, 2009 12:52 PM

Former Member

You need access for authorization object S_DEVELOP with object type DEBUG and actvt 02 for debuggung with replace.