Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion doesn't pull file

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Comm Channel using File Content Conversion - it does not pick up the file (no message in msg monitor). If I copy the Comm Channel, turn off File Content Conversion, and change the Sender Agreement to use the copied Comm Channel, the file is picked up and a message appears in the message monitor.

Any ideas? Does File Content Conversion expect certain file names/types/etc...?

Also, side question - when I change the sender agreement (or anything else in the CD), SXI_CACHE shows "Unable to refresh cache contents" with various errors, one of them being "LCR_GET_OWN_BUSINESS_SYSTEM - NO_BUSINESS_SYSTEM"; another said something about IF_HTTP_.. HTTP Communication error or something.

I'll do more searching on this on and post a new topic if necessary...

Thanks,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If it not showing any message in the SXMB_MONI, then there will a problem with File Content Conversion.. Just go to Adapter Monitoring in the Runtime WorkBench(RWB) and check for the File Adapter. Is it showing any error ? If so first correct and continue.

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies - I don't see "Adapter Monitoring" in RWB, so I'm guessing I don't have the appropriate access.

Here's what I have:

Component Monitoring | Message Monitoring | End-to-End Monitoring | Performance Monitoring | Index Administration | Configuration | Alert Configuration | Alert Inbox | Cache Monitoring

I'll get with my security person...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

click on COMPONENT MONITORING --> ADAPTER ENGINE --> ADAPTER MONITORING and you will find FILE adapter. And then check the status of your file adapter.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

I went to Adapter Monitoring and it showed no error???? Now what?

....from adapter monitor:

Sender Adapter v2307 for Party '', Service 'MATERIALS_VZ_GTEAMS_P':

Configured at 2006-04-14 11:06:00 CDT

History:

- 2006-04-14 13:27:01 CDT: Polling interval started. Length: 60.000 s

- 2006-04-14 13:27:01 CDT: Processing finished successfully

- 2006-04-14 13:27:00 CDT: Processing started

- 2006-04-14 13:26:01 CDT: Polling interval started. Length: 60.000 s

- 2006-04-14 13:26:01 CDT: Processing finished successfully

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

If you are using NFS in a File Adapter, juct check the Check Box of <b>Process Read-Only Files</b> in the Sender File Adapter configuration.

Also look into this blog-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

I'll try setting those logging settings (don't have access).

In the meantime, here is my content conversion:

Content Conversion info - converting a 3 line type flat file to XML

Example of file layout:

H060412

IC11030416 Example yada yada EA 110137

IC11030417 Example yada yada EA 131206

T000002

>First letter is key field RecType (H=header, I=detail, T=trailer)

Doc name: Material <--msg type

Doc ns: urn:......

Doc offset: <blank>

RS name: Material <--data type

RS ns: <blank>

RS struc: Hdr,1,Dtl,*,Trl,1

RS seq: ascending

RS/msg: 1

Key field: RecType

Key type: String case-sensitive

Hdr.fieldFixedLengths 1,6

Hdr.endSeparator 'nl'

Hdr.fieldNames RecType,GteamsDate

Hdr.keyFieldValue H

Dtl.fieldFixedLengths 1,1,18,20,4,6

Dtl.endSeparator 'nl'

Dtl.fieldNames RecType,ActivityInd,CatalogNum,Description,UOM,ProductClass

Dtl.keyFieldValue I

Trl.fieldFixedLengths 1,6

Trl.endSeparator 'nl'

Trl.fieldNames RecType,RecCount

Trl.keyFieldValue T

Brian

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did u check the Process Read Only option??

Time being just check in the Message Monitoring of Runtime Workbench.

Runtime WorkBench->Message Monitoring-> Message Data (Message Display Tool).

If you have any content conversion problem/error, you can see error in the Message Display Tool.

Hope this helps,

Moorthy

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using FTP so there is no Process Read Only option. Also, the messages don't make it to Message Monitoring.

Thanks for continuing to help

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: I copied my Comm Channel again and simplified the Content Conversion to just the basics. After changing the sender agreement to use the new Comm Channel, the file was picked up and the message went through (with incorrect data of course).

I've looked at my content conversion a hundred times, but I can't seem to determine what's wrong???

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

<i>***I copied my Comm Channel again and simplified the Content Conversion to just the basics. After changing the sender agreement to use the new Comm Channel, the file was picked up and the message went through (with incorrect data of course).</i>

>>It means that message is coming to XI. If so , just make some error in the content conversion and check if message is coming to XI or not. It will throw error in the Adapter Monitoring/MDT ( Message Display Tool of Message Monitoring)

One more check ~

Instead of Tr1,1 and just change like this-

RS struc: Hdr,1,Dtl,,Trl,

and try.

While workiing with lower SP 9,10 , I have got error in the occurence level for Trailer.So I told you to put Tr1,*

For Content Conversion - just look at this blogs

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

...just to document how this was solved...

I put the Comm Channel back to the original one, and went to a mtg. After the mtg, I returned to find a message in the msg monitor! Nothing changed to my knowledge, so perhaps I was not patient enough the first time??? On to the next issue....

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Did you have a look at the RunTimeWorkBench--> Adapter Monitoroing --> File Adapter??

I think there is some probelm in your Content Conversion and that it why the message is not reaching the integration engine and so, no entry in SXMB_MONI.

If possible, give us some info on the content conversion u have perfromed.

Regards,

Bhavesh