Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP-Memory per User or static ABAP-class??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to save some information for each user in a transaction which uses SUBMIT-statements. So I want to store the information globally across reports and transactions (starting from my own single transaction).

So I can use the ABAP-Memory for storing this information. Is the information stored there seperated by user or is it possible that one user gehts the information of another user? When is ABAP-memory cleared? Is this done automaticly when my transaction flow is finished.

Alternatively I think I can use a global static ABAP-class with attributes to store the information. Is such a ABAP-class also user-dependent??

And when is this information cleared??

Can you give me some hints?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Jens

1 REPLY 1

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both ABAP and SAP memory are user specific. In your case if the issue would concern just one user you should go for SAP memory (when data should be exchanged between external sessions that is windows of SAP gui) or ABAP memory when data exchanged within one external session (between internal sessions - that is between programs run in one GUI session ).

If you want the data be stored globally for all the users, you have to either store them in some custom global table in DDIC (and later read from different user) or use [Shared objects|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/14/dafc3e9d3b6927e10000000a114084/frameset.htm] which is a special memory buffer in Application Server, where you can exchange data between user sessions.

Regards

Marcin