cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation Copy to Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, I am facing a problem while copying a quotation in sales order, problem is the BOM not exploding and quotation also not copying. I have chkd all the copy control setiings. Any helpul response will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Item Category of the Sales Order in VOV7 whether Structure Scope with BOM/Configuration has been maintained.

You have already mentioned but kindly check in Copy Control,the control function has been maintained between item category of Quotation & Item category of Sales Order.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u ankur, tht is helpful... we have used two item catgr tap and agn for main item and sub-items in bom resp.. so as u say is it necessary to be maintained for both item catgr..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u ankur, tht is helpful... we have used two item catgr tap and agn for main item and sub-items in bom resp.. so as u say is it necessary to be maintained for both item catgr..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u ankur, tht is helpful... we have used two item catgr tap and agn for main item and sub-items in bom resp.. so as u say is it necessary to be maintained for both the item catgr..for bom to explode..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u ankur, tht is helpful... we have used two item catgr tap and agn for main item and sub-items in bom resp.. so as u say is it necessary to be maintained for both the item catgr..for bom to explode..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii all,

is there any setting to be done.. in sal doc type. I can see a field 'subseq. order type' and another field in transaction flow settings called 'quotation messages' in vov8 details. Is that to do anything with this issue of.. mine..

regards,

nachiket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u ankur, tht is helpful... we have used two item catgr tap and agn for main item and sub-items in bom resp.. so as u say is it necessary to maintained structure scope for both item catgr..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly close the thread if it is solved.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have chkd with the settings, as replied in various threads but issue not yet resolved, i will go thru all the settings one by one..

1) I have chkd item catgr : two item categrs used 'tap' for main item & 'agn' for sub items

for 'tap' structure scope maintained but for 'agn' not maintained.

2) vtaa : copy control maintained for trgt order typ i.e sal ordr and source quotan ordr type.

tick is there on box for the field "Reexplode structure/free goods" and "copy schedule lines" also

configuration field is blank.

3) Item categr groups : for all main and sub items.. lumf is maintained in matrl master.

Thts all, still if nything missing plz let me knw...

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Sub-items,the item category should be TAN in case of LUMF.

Go to VOV4

Sales DT ItCGr ItUs HiLItC ItemCategory

ZOQT LUMF Blank Blank TAP

ZOQT NORM Blank TAP TAN

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the said settings already done.. but still the BOM is not being copied in Sal ordr... in BOM only consumable and spares matrl have changd to TAN all other subitems still picking AGN..

(Plz note: fresh 'quotation' not prepared after the new settings). Will that matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that in VTAA at item category level, Configuration field is blank. if it contains any value, it will not explode the BOM in the target document.

And then try

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done the necessity configuration in VOV7 T.Code for your item category?

I think you have not maintained.

Pls maintain it.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting following message "Item 000020 is a component of a bill of material so cannot be copied" while creating sales order wrt quotn..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

Please check the setting in VTAA, from QT to OR. And select item category AGC. Then go to details and check the entries. The Copy Schedule line should be Checked.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto VTAA,Select your valid combination.

Double click on item.Select your item category.Goto Details.

Pls tick the box for the field "Reexplode structure/free goods".

The configuration must be blank.

"copy schedule lines" tab must be ticked.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When your are trying to copy from Quotation to Order especially when BOM @ sales level is involved please check the following setting have been maintained,

1. When the BOM explodes in Quotation, check whether that item category is also configured with order type OR(assuming ur using OR). if not system gets confused how to copy thee BOM item.

2. is it a Order BOM or Material BOM? im assuming it is Material BOM.

Regards,

Chaithru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls Check the Item category Group of the materials. It should be ERLA ( Structure/mat. above) for the main item and LUMF ( Structure/mat. below) for the sub-items in Sales 2 screen.

Regards

Ajay