cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDI problem in SP16

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

I created my first MDI setup packages but i'm facing a strange behavior.

When logon to the MI25 SP16 client I see the msg "No applications are installed ...." BUT if I go to the Info page I see the Framework and the MAM25 application.

If I try to syncronize, I recive the msg " Device ID not know to the middleare"

I'm Using Was 640 SP16, (pilot program).

1) SOmeone is already using the new feature for the reation of the setup packages for Multi Device installation ?

2) Someone could indicate me some usefull weblogs on MI25 topics ?

thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to reinstall your MI client and configure the gateway settings for the server in which your application is deployed.

As for the webblogs these links would be useful

<a href="/people/paresh.mishra2/blog/2005/12/04/configuring-mobile-device-upgrading-to-sp14-mi-25 Developer Network Blog: Configuring Mobile Device & Upgrading to SP14 (MI 2.5)</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/01/reinitialize-mi-client-without-reinstallation-in-seconds-part-2 Developer Network Blog: Reinitialize MI client without reinstallation in seconds! Part 2</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/03/01/how-to-concurrently-execute-multiple-mi-clients Developer Network Blog: How to concurrently execute multiple MI clients</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/reinitialize-mi-client-without-reinstallation-in-seconds Developer Network Blog: Reinitialize MI client without reinstallation in seconds!</a>

regards

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mauro,

Did you use this device with some other server before? if you had, then you have to re-initialize your Mobile Client. If a device is already assigned an ID, it will respond and connect only with that server which gave that id. if you change your Mobile Server or reinstall your server, you will endup in getting this kind of error. So to work around, Reinstall your client or re-initialize your client.

As for Mobile Blogs, check out the following..

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/reinitialize-mi-client-without-reinstallation-in-seconds

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/01/reinitialize-mi-client-without-reinstallation-in-seconds-part-2

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/21/how-to-reconfigure-mi-client-when-installation-path-is-altered

/people/arunkumar.ravi/blog/2006/02/22/execute-debug-your-mi-code-from-nwds

/people/arun.av/blog/2006/03/09/process-flow-of-generic-synchronization-in-mi-abap-server-component

Hope that was useful.

Rgds

Ak.