cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input tax code in VK11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

Some of my end users , used input tax codes instead of output tax codes in VK12 while maintaining VAT/ CST etc.Now these taxes with wrong tax code are all ready used in billing documents where account entries are cleared .

Can you tell me what would be the consequence of using input tax code instead of output tax code in sales? There is no difference in the condition values and it wont also affect GL accoun determination.

GLs for sales is determined in VKOA, where Tax Code does not have a any role.

When I went to FTXP and clicked on Tax Accounts, I got the following:

Chart of Accts RCIL

Tax Code V1

Trans. G/L acct Additional Information

Thus I did not get any information about GL from FTXP. Can you tell me how GLs are linked with tax codes?

Now how can we rectify the error created for using input tax code in sales??

Thanks

Sangeeta

Edited by: Sangeeta Mukherjee on May 19, 2009 1:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In FTXP, you can see a tab "Tax accounts" and if you compare the G/L Account for both Input Tax Code and Output Tax code, definitely, it should have been different and hence, the consequence, would be, wrong FI entry would have been generated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

GL accounts are determind from VKOA

Chat of AccountSales OrgCondition Type+ Cust accnt assgnmnt GrpMatrl accont assgnmnt Grp Accnt Key= GL Accont for sales.

Can you tell me how do GLs are linked to Tax codes?

Now as you mentioned that as bcoz Input Tax codes are used in VK12, the tax amount ( VAT Amount/ CST Amount ) will directly hit the wrong GL?

Can you tell me the way to rectify these wrong entries?

When I went to FTXP and clicked on Tax Accounts, I got the following:

Chart of Accts RCIL

Tax Code V1

Trans. G/L acct Additional Information

Thus I did not get any information about GL from FTXP. Can you tell me how GLs are linked with tax codes?

Thanks

sangeeta

Edited by: Sangeeta Mukherjee on May 19, 2009 1:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Thanks

Sangeeta