cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expence by Travel Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

I'm new to travel management. My company wants to post the travel expenses in three GL accounts like

Travel Domestic Account

Travel International Account

Training and Education Account

It's not by expence type like per diem, ticket, hotel exp. etc.

Is it possible to do this? ... Please help.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help.

The scenario is that we are going pay the travel expenses through payroll. I have assigned one wedge type to all expense types so that we get one line in payroll for one person. Now one wedge type is linked with one GL account. So i'm going to define 3 sets of expense types (for Bus, Loc and Training).

Then with the help of schema, I will try to control that only those expense types are available that are related to trip type. One set of expense types will be linked to one wedge type and that wedge type liked to particular GL account.

Is this right approached to get the expenses in FI by trip type?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

Still looking for a solution. Ok, again, here's what i need,

Situation.

1. We do not have epmloyees created as vendors.

2. We will use payroll to pay the expenses.

Requirement.

We would like to post the trips in FI according (through payroll) by Trip type. I was thinking to have multiple sets of expense types.ie. one set for Business Trips, one for Training etc. Then assign different wedge types to different sets.But then how could I control posting of per deiem? please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per Diem does have wage type assigned in V_T706B4_A.

That wage type can be assigned a symbolic and then GL

So what is the issue regarding Posting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks you for the prompt reply.

My confusion is,

If I define more than one expense type for per diem(for meal), then how the system will pick the proper per diem depending upon trip type.? When I view V_T706B4_A, I see an expense type VERP(Per Diem). Where this VERP is assigned.

I mean when i goto

Trip Reimbursement Amounts> Reimbursement Amounts for Meals > Reimbursement Amounts for Meals/Hours >Per Diems for Meals (MPD) >Define Per Diems for Meals .....I get one set of per diem rates. How to manage differtent sets of expense types for per diem?

Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per Diem is not an expense type which diifers based on trip type.

The amount of per diem differs.

If you go to table V_T706U and put Trip Provision Variant as 01 you will get to see that an Accomodation per diem differs based on certain factors like

1 Trip Type S

2 Trip Type E

3 Activity

4 RGrp M/A Stat.

5 ReGrp M/A Entp

To determine the amount in Expense Report the first three characteristics is taken from the trip itself, while the last 2 is taken from Itype 0017

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, but my problem is how to assign different wedge types to;

- per diem(meal) for local trips,

- per diem(meal) for international trips,

- per diem(meal) for training

Former Member
0 Kudos

Different wage types based on the trip types is not possible I suppose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same requirement as what you have mentioned in this post, and if you have not already developed a solution, Iu2019d like to share with you what I came up with.

1. Table V_T702G u2013 Add a new Trip Type and in the config. element u201CAltern. Wage Types:u201D assign the selection; u201CRead Alternative Wage Typeu201D

2. Create a new wage type, and assign to symbolic account to suit your need. In my case I need to be able to send meal per diems to two different gl accounts.

3. V_T706B4_A_ALTER u2013 Alternative Wage types for Per Diems/Flat Rates. Added the expense type VERP (meals per diem u2013 same expense type as with the standard wage type) assigned the new wage type that I created in step 2.

4. Make sure to update your per diem rate table with new entries that now include the new trip type that you created in step 1.

5. When a travel expense report is created, the selection of the trip type will drive which GL the per diem amounts post to.