cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical & Real Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have found some articals about this, but somehow it is still not clear for me.

Could someone be so kind and explain me the difference between Statistical and Real Posting?

Thank you very much in advance...

D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182098
Active Contributor

WBS element/Cost Center/Internal Order is a real CO object where as Profit Center is a Statiscal Object. All the posting you make to the real object are real postings, paralelly statistical posting will be flown to your profit center.

Internal Orders are two types. 1. Real and 2. Statistical.

Real orders get real postings and statistical orders get statistical.

Statistical means information purpose only.

Statistical orders cannot be settled.

At the time of postings to cost elements you must have at least one real object.

If you give more than one real object, read the following:

When you two real objects like cost center and WBS element at the time of posting a journal voucher, the WBS element prevails as a real object and the two statistcal postings will be posted. One to cost center and the second one to the profit center assigned in the WBS element.

Hope you are clear now.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Real Postings can be used for allocation purpose, where as the statistical posting can not used for allocation purposes.

2.statistical postings are made for information purpose and analysis purpose only.

3.all the revenue postings to CC are statistical postings only.

4.all the postings made to PC are statistical purpose only. Exception rule: the assement and distribution can be used for PC also.(within PC)(allocation)

5.we can create real or statistical IOs specifically.

6.Postings made to statistical IOs requires any other real object.

I hope it will solve u r issue.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

A 'real' posting has a financial impact because the General Ledger receives a posting. A 'statitistical' posting doesn't have any financial impact because the General Ledger does not receive a posting. The statistical posting is used primarily for reporting purposes as it enables a different 'look' at the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this also apply to planning ? Is there a way to create "real" and "statistical" planning in the same version ?

tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This does not apply to Planning. No planning has any financial impact & so no point of Real & Statistical Planning.

Thanks,

- Mahak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Statistical postings will be information purpose and it will not get any accounting effect.

Real Postings will be done in real mode and these postings will be affeted in gl accounts.

sateesh