cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to use an RECEIVER IDOC.

Would some one give me the steps that I need to configure the Receiver IDOC (Like IDX1, IDX2, etc) on the XI side and also the configuration steps on the R/3?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

1. In SM 59 , you will have to create an RFC destination for the R3 system to which you are trying to post an IDOC to.

2. In IDX1, create the port to send the data

3. In IDX2, import the IDOC metadata.

In R3, in We20, create the partner profile with an entry for the inbound idoc in the corresponding logical system.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Bhavesh for your Detailed Answer.

Whats the Purpose of creating IDX1? (In SM59 we are mentioning where the IDOC has to land)

Whats the Purspoe of IDX2 ? (Why should I worry about the Metadata, already in the Repository, I am importing the IDOC ? )

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

IDX2 is used to import the IDOC metadate. This is used by the IDOC adapter.

What you import in your Repository is the IDOC so that it can be used as your message type and message interface.

In SM59, you create a Transactional RFC for the r3 system with details like port and also the log on data.

But, in IDX1 , you create the actual port for the communication between XI and R3. And, this port is used in SM59 while creating the RFC destination.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mohan,

IDX1 is used to maintain the logical systems and to connect the R/3 systems via SM59 entry.

IDX2 is to load metadata into XI. Actually it is not necessary to load explicitly. Whenever you import Idoc into the Repository,it will automatically import into IDX2 also. If you change the Idoc schema later, then you may need to reimport the Idoc. Then sometimes IDX2 entry is not refreshed. Then you need to explicitly refresh the metdata.

Also check the SAP help.

Hope this answers,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna Moorthy and Bhavesh. I appreciate your help.