Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP widget foundation doesn't start after installation

olivier_schietecat2
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I'm trying to run the SAP Widget Foundation application as a stand-alone.

I have installed the application using SAPWidgetFoundation.jar found through the following link (download package):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/widget-foundation#section2

After installation or when clicking the appliication in the start menu, it should start and display a tray icon. No tray icon is displayed and I don't think it's even running at all.

I am running Java Version 1.6.0_13, Windows XP Pro SP3, Yahoo Widgets 4.5.2

The following lines are saved to the log when attempting to start the Widget Foundation.

10:14:44 [ INFO][main](ApplicationStarter:90) - [Nr:1][94][since:109(1242720883921)]msec: Check single instance

10:14:44 [ INFO][main](ApplicationStarter:69) - [Nr:2][0][since:109(0)]msec: Check Java Version

10:14:44 [ INFO][main](ApplicationStarter:97) - [Nr:3][0][since:109(0)]msec: Create Server Manager

10:14:44 [ INFO][main](SysTrayUI:283) - [Nr:6][0][since:109(0)]msec: Initialize Tray Menu Proxy

Does anyone have an idea what I may be missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

olivier_schietecat2
Participant
0 Kudos

Removing and reinstalling Java did the trick. A previous java version was updated to the most recent version. Apparently there was a conflict between the update and the outdated version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

When you tried to install SAP Widget Foundation as standalone application following SAP Widget Foundation User's Guide - [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20e64a36-6f34-2a10-0bbb-aeac6101b93c], did you get the installation result saying "SAP Widget Foundation installed successfully"?

If you got the success message, then try this:

Actually when you go to Start Menu -> Programs->SAP Widget Foundation and click there, a Batch file starts to run, which inturn displays the icon on the tray.

What you could do is, Go to the location where you have installed the SAP Widget Foundation, usually C:ProgramFilesSAP Widget Foundaiton and double click on the "run.bat" file. This may work.

If you did not get the success message, then there would have been some problem during installation, you could uninstall and re install it again.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Shilpa B.V

olivier_schietecat2
Participant
0 Kudos

I uninstalled it, installed it again. "SAP Widget Foundation was successfully installed.".

I clicked the start menu item that leads to "C:\Program Files\SAP Widget Foundation\run.bat" which opens a cmd window for an instant. Nothing changes in the system tray. I have already tried rebooting after and before installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Could you go to that tray, right click -> Properties->Customize->You get a Custom Notifications window which displays all the icons in the tray along with their status, i.e whether they are running or not and whether they are hidden or visible.

When I did the same in my system, I got something like this:

*Current Items*                                    *Behaviour*
(Icon)SAP Widget Foundation running...              Always Show
(Icon)Communicator - Signed in (Available)          Hide when inactive
(Icon)Java Update Available                         Always Hide

Here check for 2 things

1 - SAP Widget Foundation running... displayed under Current Items

2 - If 'Always Hide' has been set as a behaviour to SAP Widget Foundation.

Let me know if this helps....

Regards,

Shilps B.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Could you go to that tray, right click -> Properties->Customize->You get a Custom Notifications window which displays all the icons in the tray along with their status, i.e whether they are running or not and whether they are hidden or visible.

When I did the same in my system, I got something like this:

*Current Items*                                    *Behaviour*
(Icon)SAP Widget Foundation running...              Always Show
(Icon)Communicator - Signed in (Available)          Hide when inactive
(Icon)Java Update Available                         Always Hide

Here check for 2 things

1 - SAP Widget Foundation running... displayed under Current Items

2 - If 'Always Hide' has been set as a behaviour to SAP Widget Foundation.

Let me know if this helps....

Regards,

Shilps B.V

olivier_schietecat2
Participant
0 Kudos

The icon in the tray is not hidden of course, it's nowhere to be found.

Could you post the process from the task manager? I could check if it's running in the background.

Edited by: Olivier Schietecat on May 19, 2009 12:11 PM