cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP REACH Compliance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a couple of questions regarding SRC which I hope that you can help me to answer or clairfy:

1. When SRC wants to retreive the customers related to a material, does SRC take the information for the Customer Info Record only, or does it take also from other tables (i.e. VBAP)

2. If I create new characteristics to be displayed in the SRC portal (i.e. new characterisctic in the Material Assessment), do I have to do any changes to the standard portal? I assume this is not needed, but just to clarify.

Many thanks and best regards,

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

This is my opinion

1) When SRC wants to retreive the customers related to a material, does SRC take the information for the Customer Info Record only, or does it take also from other tables (i.e. VBAP)

Standard System retrives the Customers by Customer Info Records. It is also possible to extract using "HERS" assignment. This is the logic for extracting the information and as far as my knowledge goes it does not refer any other tables.

2) If I create new characteristics to be displayed in the SRC portal (i.e. new characterisctic in the Material Assessment), do I have to do any changes to the standard portal? I assume this is not needed, but just to clarify

The system work as a portal - Netweaver. which communicate with ERP based on Web Dynpro standard If you want to modify or change the views to display additional fields you need to work with Netweaver - portal expert. There are standard list of iViews available which needs to be changed if you want additional information.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Jayakumar!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Adding to ur thought,

for point 1: when u retreive for data, the SRC takes information for both Customer Info Record and as well as from other tables.

for point 2: i also support ur deliberation, but u must be sure the new char u r creating will not diverge with any legal entity that are already exists. Check for correlation from master data catalog.

Thanks and best regards,

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Mahesh!!

Some addtional comment:

1. Do you have (or know where to find) the list of tables where the information is taken from?

2. What do you mean by diverging from any legal entity? Is there any consideration needed if we need to include customer specific characteristics in the portal?

Thanks again and best regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

pt No. 1 - try with following link

[http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp]

pt No.2 - i just attempt to say that the new char u wish to add as per client requirements need to be checked for cohesiveness of the REACH entities already exisits, as some of the char are included independently like attribute for spec application and some may be very much retrievable only by using the existing entities. I believe that the existing entities are limited / not dyanamic from the SRC point of view. Thus, once u decide the new char to add, just check once with the similarity of the existing data. Be ensure that the specific char wish to include is not to interfere the standardised entities exisitng .

May be u can elaborae the requirement (if convenient) to share the ideas better.

with regards,

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Mahesh!!

It is clear now regarding characteristics, but can you send the link again? It is not displayed :S

Best regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ooh, it was not inserted properly, just try now

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/46/0caaa8c7235a69e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

with regards,

mahesh