cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS endpoints

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. For 1 WS i see that we can create several of and points what is the purpose for that security ?

2. if i create a from FM and i give to the consumer the endpoint and after i change some of the FM coding ,do i have create new endpoint and proxy or this is transparent.

BR

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. For 1 WS i see that we can create several of and points what is the purpose for that security ?

To diffent end points, you can setup different levels of authentication and tranport security. For eg., for intranet applications you can have low security (user name/password and HTTP) and extranet applications, you can have high security (Certificates and HTTPS).

2. if i create a from FM and i give to the consumer the endpoint and after i change some of the FM coding ,do i have create new endpoint and proxy or this is transparent.

If you do not make any changes to exposing tables and fields in Web Service definition(SE80), you can continue to use same end points and WSDL.

Thanks,

Venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can assign different levels of security for different end points. For example, for intranet applications with low security (Authentication with user name/password and Transport with HTTP) and for extranet applications with high security (Authentication with Certificates and Transport with HTTPS).

As long as there is no change to the exposed parameters (Tables or fields), you can continue to use the same end points and WSDL.

Thanks,

Venu