cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when hitting peoplesoft server:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to hit people soft server using JDBC communication channel. XI Version is 3.0...i am using below parameters as the backend of peoplesoft is ORACLE,

JDBC Driver : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connecttion : jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:database name

User Name : xxx

Password : xx

Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:database name': SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=169870080)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

Later changed the default port from 1521 to 12345 as suggested by people soft team and got the below error.

I am getting "Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:12345:database name': SQLException: Io exception: Got minus one from a read call"

I tried out various possibilities by using local host name as server name once and next IP address also..but getting the above errors.

Kindly suggest me with the appropriate solution.

Thanks,

Goutham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Receiver JDBC adapter there is an option Disconnect From Database After Processing Each Message.

Select this option and you will not face the issue further.

If this will not solve your problem then follow below things

please refer below discussion and try to follow those settings to aviod the time out

set parameters

- make sure the parameter resource_limit = false in

init<sid>.ora , in order to switch off the idle time limit. Afterwards restart the

database. OR

- if you want to set resource_limit = true, then set IDLE_TIME = unlimited

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the DB connection string.which oracle server peoplesoft using.

Oracle OCI 8i
jdbc:oracle:oci8:@<SID>
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver 

Oracle OCI 9i
jdbc:oracle:oci:@<SID>

Oracle Thin
jdbc:oracle:thin:@<HOST>:<PORT>:<SID>

If oracle thin server then check the drivers installed for connectivity.Like,

Oracle 10g drivers:

[http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_10201.html]

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Oracle 10g---10.2.0.3 and thin type server is used by peoplesoft.....ojdbc12.jar and ojdbc14.jar files are already deployed in the XI server. Could you plz suggest if we need to deploy any other drivers also?

Thanks,

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No other drivers needed.Try it out.Go to visual admin.Create a new driver with ojdbc14.jar.Create a external data source and use the driver.Give the connection string.It should connect to the system.If not then check with your network team Ip or port is bloged in firewall.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakasu,

Can u please give me the detailed procedure how to add the driver,external data source and test in visual admin

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to visual admin.Select Jdbc connector.In the resources Select Drivers and create new.Fill the driver name and give the jar file.Select the data source and create new.Give the driver name as you created.Give the connection string which you maintained in the communication channel.If connection string wrong or class wrong then you will get a error.After that go to DB intialization tag.Execute the command line.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We already deployed drivers and hitting successfully for other DOT NET servers with ORACLE as backend. Facing the problem with peoplesoft server only. Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Goutham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you able to connect from sqlplus (oracle client) using same username / password

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

1. download the latest jdbc drivers for oracle - deploy them to XI

2. then use this

JDBC Driver : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connecttion : jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:database name

User Name : xxx

Password : xx

once more and check if the error is gone now

Regards,