cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed column

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have 14 column so page on scroll row .

i want to see fixed first 3 column .

How Can i define fixed column ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Are you referring to ALV? If yes then you can make use of method set_fixed_position of cl_salv_wd_column. Just go through [this |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/WebDynproABAP-FixingaColumninan+ALV]WIKI entry on how you can do the same.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In my reply i have also specified that we need to set the ScrollableColCount property .

So for eg: if the ScrollableColCount is set to 4 and the first 3 column have fixedPosition left,

then in this case, the first 3 columns will be fixed and apart from this there will be 4 other visible columns and to view the rest of the columns scroll right ( first 3 columns will be always fixed ).

Regards,

Radhika.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I might need some patch to be applied... I will try look out for any SAP notes related to this. When I specify both the fixedPosition & scrollableColCount properties the system does only display the first number of columns as specified in scrollableColCount. I need to scroll towards the right (using the scroll button at the bottom of table) to be able to see the rest of the columns...

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS UDAY

you are perfect a man

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_first_visible_row.

*---ALV Options
*--Instantiating the ALV component
data: l_ref_cmp_usage type ref to if_wd_component_usage.
data: l_ref_interfacecontroller type ref to iwci_salv_wd_table .
data: l_value type ref to cl_salv_wd_config_table,
      l_header type ref to cl_salv_wd_header,
      l_column type ref to cl_salv_wd_column,
      l_col_header type ref to cl_salv_wd_column_header.

l_ref_cmp_usage =   wd_this->wd_cpuse_alv( ).

if l_ref_cmp_usage->has_active_component( ) is initial.
  l_ref_cmp_usage->create_component( ).
endif.
*--Instantiating Component's Interface controller
l_ref_interfacecontroller =   wd_this->wd_cpifc_alv( ).
l_value = l_ref_interfacecontroller->get_model( ).

l_value->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_first_visible_row(*
                               *value = 3 ).       "make use of this code...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 3 columns that you want fixed, set their fixedPosition property to 'left' and at the table level set the ScrollableColCount property ( e.g. 3 ).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Radhika.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Using the steps you had mentioned I would be only able to see the first 3 columns of the ALV & then would have to click on the scroll button to be able to see the rest of the columns. Right? Is it possible to do any configuration so that the first 3 columns of the table always stay in focus while I scroll through to the right? I mean similar to the functionality that we get using FIX_COLUMN in normal ALV? I thought that Joshua was referring to ask for this kind of functionality...

Regards,

Uday

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry repeated post due to some glitch...

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on May 20, 2009 9:40 AM

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on May 20, 2009 9:41 AM

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on May 20, 2009 9:41 AM

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on May 20, 2009 9:42 AM

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Using the steps you had mentioned I would be only able to see the first 3 columns of the ALV & then would have to click on the scroll button to be able to see the rest of the columns. Right? Is it possible to do any configuration so that the first 3 columns of the table always stay in focus while I scroll through to the right? I mean similar to the functionality that we get using FIX_COLUMN in normal ALV? I thought that Joshua was referring to ask for this kind of functionality...

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In my reply i have also specified that we need to set the ScrollableColCount property .

So for eg: if the ScrollableColCount is set to 4 and the first 3 column have fixedPosition left,

then in this case, the first 3 columns will be fixed and apart from this there will be 4 other visible columns and to view the rest of the columns scroll right ( first 3 columns will be always fixed ).

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Regards,

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Regards,

Radhika.