cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP-ESS Software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of customizing the ESS application pdata. I have been researching in SDN for the same for quite a long time, but till now nothing has been fruitfull.

As adviced by someone, I am trying to copy the src from pdata.sca file to the src of the DC created.

But even after doing so,things are not in place. Rather, I am incurring more that 1700 errors.

I have the pdata under the SAP-ESS SC, but they are only available under Active DCs and not under Inactive DCs.

Why is that they are not available under Inactive DCs? and what can be done for the same? If this issue is resolved, may be I can create a copy of the DC under sap.com namespace and then copy the _comp folder to the newly created DC.

Kindly help me out with the above problem.

Regards

DK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem like you for the same DC, i have done for 2 DC's

i made a copy of the ca/pdata in the client name space, and i have created the FPM application for the same and created the IView and page in the portal and intgrated into portal.

The copying is some what difficult, please follow this steps to do the copy of the dc into ur name space.

1. Create a DC.

2. Add Used DC's.

3. Import model. ( Give the same name what sap as given, except your model package)

4. Close and Open the project once.

5. Copy the CcComponent.

a. go to interface controller of CcComponent

b. Change the DC's Name and Component package names. (Dont change the Component name.)

6. Copy the FcComponent (FC or BLC)

a. Go to Component controller and Delete all the existed nodes

b. Add all used Components (caution ... instance creation is within FPM apps usually manual)

c. Map the context of the used components (compare with original).

d. Rebuild, then go to component controller & interface controller and organize imports.

e. Resolve all open issues due to e.g. new model and so on.

7. when this component is ok you can go on and copy one by one the VC´s.

a. Go to Component controller and Delete all the existed nodes

b. Add all used Components (caution ... instance creation is within FPM apps usually manual)

c. Map the context of the used components (compare with original).

d. Rebuild, then go to component controller & interface controller and organize imports.

e. go to View controller and organize imports.

e. Resolve all open issues due to e.g. new model and so on.

8. Copy the Application and paste it under your new DC, change the name and package name also

9. Reload and rebuild the DC's and build it.

10. Go to Portal Self service admin role, and you will find the FPM application in the src config folder under sap delivered content.

11. create your own application and Fpm views exact same as sap. but in the FPM iviews you have to select your DC's name and component.

12. Give your FPM application ID to your DC as Base configuration ID of your application Properties.

13. Build and Run your application.

I am sure it will work fine, may be it will take little bit more like 5 to 6 hours but, you will get the dc's in your name space, after that you can do the customization in that.

However if the changes are small it´s also a good idea to modify. In case you copy you´ll have to compare manually later in case of an upgrade.

Let me know if you have any issues in this way.+

Cheers,

Appu