Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When i create a WS and call it from other system i think there is some do and don't by moving the structure

in import and export /tables tab's i.e. there is a list of objects that i can move in the WS interface like ,don't use deep structure in export tab and so on...

Best Regards

Michael

Edited by: Michael A on May 19, 2009 10:11 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai michael ,

when using WS from other system u can use import and export paramters and

as u said for deep structures , the export parameters are deep strcutures , with control table

and u can do normally rest of things

afzal

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai michael ,

when using WS from other system u can use import and export paramters and

as u said for deep structures , the export parameters are deep strcutures , with control table

and u can do normally rest of things

afzal

0 Kudos

HI Mohammad,

Thanks

So i can use any kind of data in WS FM like str. ,deep ,table type.

I had two more question i'll like to hear your comments

1. For 1 WS i see that we can create several of and points what is the purpose for that security ?

2. if i create a from FM and i give to the consumer the endpoint and after i change some of the FM coding ,do i have create new endpoint and proxy or this is transparent?

Best Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

hai michael,

as u haev asked abt the end point , it is the callign point in host system that is function module (rfc)

and u can give the end point as function group which can have multiple function modules

and regardign security proifle it asks for profiel for securitty like medium high or low

i used medium for my work

u can use normla structures and table types for paramters

regards

afzal

0 Kudos

Hi mohammad ,

if i create WS from FM and i give to the consumer the endpoint and after i change some of the FM coding ,do i have create new endpoint and proxy or this is transparent?

Br Michael

0 Kudos

hai,

if u change any codign in the funcion module it will not be a problem,

but if u change the interface then it would be a problem

as it will be mismatch from input and output

hope u got the point

afzal