cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP01: 2005 SP1 addon registration issue (PL03! - what about PL02?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I installed our development server to B1 version 2005 SP1 PL3. I then

tried to register our addon ard file and got the attached error message.

<b>"Wrong digital signature for Add-on installer"</b>

I tried attaching the same ard file and exe to B1 2005 SP0 PL9 and it worked fine.

Note: In our addon, we attach the ard file and the exe for the application directly to B1.

Please advise.

Message was edited by: Frank Moebius

Changed the subject a bit to draw attention from other testers to that issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Did you recompile your code under SP01 and then try creating the .ard file?

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

Note: I am using SP1 PL3

After you suggested recompiling with SP1, these are the steps I followed:

1. Updated code referenced to SAPbobsCOM ddl version 6.80.316 (SP1 PL3). Compiled code and created new exe.

2. I created a new ard file using the new AddOnRegDataGen.exe tool.

3. Tried attaching to B1

I still got the same error message. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide me.

Gopal

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Apologies, I meant did you recompile your code after applying SP01 PL3. Sorry that I was not specific.

Just as a thought, are you running the AddOnRegDataGen.exe from within the \Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Tools\AddOnRegDataGen folder? If not, please try this to see if you get different results.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy,

I think I missed out a step in my post as well. Basically, the very first thing I did was to upgrade my dev machine B1 to SP1 PL3. I then followed with the steps I listed in my previous post.

Gopal

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gopal,

After thinking about this. If you have a clean install of SAP Business One 2005A SP01 PL3 on a machine and you load and try to run the AddOnRegistration ... do you get the same error? I ask this as you stated that you are getting this error on a workstation that you upgraded. What did you upgrade from? My thought is that there is older code left behind and that you are picking up an older file when you try to run the AddOnRegistration. What are the dates on the AddOnRegDataGen.exe and the aces2005.dll file in the \Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Tools\AddOnRegDataGen? What I show are 3/22/06.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

I upgraded from B1 2005 PL 5 to SP1 PL3.

You have a good point about the upgrade vs fresh install. When I checked the date of the aces2005.dll in the \Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Tools\AddOnRegDataGen folder it was 2/1/2006.

I will try uninstalling the client and clear out all the SAP folders and do a fresh install.

Do you want me to do a fresh install of the server as well?

Thanks for your help

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Sorry for the delay, but I found enough time just now to check that in detail

Unfortunately I could reproduce the error on a 2005A SP01 system after upgrading from PL02 to PL03.

I will check it a bit more and report the error to development.

Apparently noone who tested PL02 reported such an error?!

Thanks so far,

Frank

Message was edited by: Frank Moebius

FYI: I had tried the VB sample installer project from the SDK samples; now I had tried the same with a setup project done through B1DE => everything worked fine !!! Strange?!

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Unfortunately I have to tell you that the issue I had found was not related to a bug in the Add-On Administration of B1 - or generation of digital signatures.

It was a bug in the SDK sample (14.AddOnInstaller):

Apparently it is generating an empty Add-On file in the target directory...

Therefore the signature did not match in my case...

So, you are "alone" again.

Can you give us more details about your installer + how you create the ARD file?

Regards,

Frank