cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture of SAP Netweaver 7.1 Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

it is about the DOE. How the DOE will be implemented? It is with JAVA or ABAP.

And in which Stack the DOE runs?

I am a bit mazed, because i thought the it runs on the JAVA Stack. But now i read that there is a as abap 7.1 with the DOE.

Could anyone help me about this topic? It is for my diploma thesis and i have to develop a mobile application.

Thanks

Hassan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sujit_hemachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

DOE is a pure AS ABAP component. There is no Java stack in it. All the distribution and management capabilities of the DOE are in the ABAP stack. When developing an application, there are two development activities:

1. Developing the middleware content

2. Developing the mobile device application

The middleware content can be mostly modelled (in fact, more than 90 % is modelling based). The coding comes during back-end integration, when you have to develop the BAPIs.

The mobile device application can be developed using any technology - Java, Linux, iPhone, anything. We are device-agnostic.

In addition, we provide one environment, in which you can develop applications using Web Dynpro for Java (WDJ). But, we are not restricted to applications built using WDJ.

~ Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh okay, so is there a Java Stack in Netweaver 7.1 or not?

And if there is one, for what i need it?

many greetings

hassan

sujit_hemachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a Java stack in NetWeaver 7.1 - which is used for Composition Enivronment.

For mobile, there is no requirement of a Java stack...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sry, i forgot to give you this stars...thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Yes, there is a Java Stack Netweaver 7.1. But DOE does not make use of it as mentioned by Sujit above. The other components part of 7.1 are PI and BW. And they may make use of Java stack.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

so thank you for your help

Could you give me some helpful links where i can use it in my diploma thesis, cause i need some references!!!

That would be very helpful...

thank you and many greetings

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Could you give me some helpful links where i can use it in my diploma thesis, cause i need some references!!!

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

thank you and many greetings from germany

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for this spam here, i dont know what happend. There was an internal error ^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan ,

Following link will help you...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_all&query=mi7.1features&adv=false&sortby=cm_rnd_rankvalue&start=21

And then go to this and click Integrating Custom Client with Data Orchestration Engine(DOE)

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..It will help me for my work

Hassan

Answers (0)