cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration in local pc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to show a demo to the client on DMS tomorrow...So can u please help me in configuration.I have ECC6.0 IDES.

My Requirement Need to do configuration and need to upload documents from my system to cv01 and need to view the same documents in an other system.

So can anyone pls guide me as how to configure it in my system...

Kind Regards

Sajid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid

If you are saying that you are showing demo to your client on IDES, IDES is configured for your use directly.You dont have to do configurations.

For demo purpose use document Type DRW or DES .

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

I created a document with DES document type in CV01N (and uploaded a text document), but when i opened the same in an other PC it was giving error "windows can not find c:\.....". I suppose some settings need to be done for this...can u pls guide me..

Kind Regards

Sajid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid,

mySAP PLM Easy DMS Interface offers you a list of the document types set up in Customizing for SAP R/3 DMS. You can choose a document type from this list, which is then copied for all additional folders.

The system creates the public root folder with the selected document type, the document number EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER, and the description Public Documents. The rest of the fields have default settings, but can be changed.

Please check.

Also check your Customization settings.

Regards,

Eswari.

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand what u r saying, i am new to DMS,where will this list be available(tcode?)...can u tell me in detail...how can i solve my problem....

Kind Regards

Sajid

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid

Go to DC20>Define data Carrier Type Server, Frontend make folowing Configurations

Type PC

Description Frontend End Computer

Path C:\temp

Once Done Seleted this Line and go to Identify Frontend Computers

This entry must be made here

Data CarrierDefault

TypePC

Net AddressDefault

DescriptionDefault for Local PC

Do this it will work

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN DC20, Define data carrier type PC : c:\temp is given.

for that identify front end computers i had selected default.

In define MOunt Points,i created Data carrier : new1 and type PC and path c:\temp.

In my system in CV01n, i have created a doc with an attachment of text file with data carrier "new1".

now when i open the same in other system it is giving error message "file c:\...not found"..

i suppose i am missing some more config... pls help...

regards

Sajid

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid

Why you are defining Mount Points ?

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (0)