cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Day / Shipping Point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

When delivering e.g. to Spain from a German shipping point there is a calendar assigned on customer site that has no holiday at all combined with a fixed receiving day "Friday". The German calendar is assigned to the shipping point.

Because of the route (transit days = 2 days) plus 1 day pick/pack we have always on Tuesdays the material availabiltity day when the delivery starts automatically.

I realize that in week 21 (holiday on Thursday) the system calculates the Monday as material availability date and I wonder why. Obviously the holiday was considered even the material has already left Germany. In consequence the delivery is too early.

My understanding is that the settings of the shipping point should calculate only the material availability date and the goods issue date but not more. The Spanish customer is not interested in any holiday in Germany.

I can't change the setting for the shipping point because our German deliveries have to be kept in this way.

Any idea?

Kind regards,

Hartmut Kroeger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

If i understand your issue correctly, you are saying that the Spanish customer will receive good only on Fridays irrespective of the working days/holidays in germany.

If that is so, is it not possible that we define an Unloading point in the Spanish customer. By doing this we make sure that Customer can receive the goods only on Fridays. So the system would reschedule the deliveries accordingly.

I hope this helps you in resolving the problem.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer, but this is not what I meant.

The customer has the goods receiving day intentionally, this is to concentrate all deliveries to him on Tuesday (all material availability dates are Tuesdays).

Therefore on Customer site everything is OK.

What I don't understand is that the material availability day was calculated here on Monday.

Even picking and packing on Tuesday would be OK, then it's sent out anyway. And the following holiday on Thursday should not have any impact on the pack-work in Germany (the '"send work" has alredy finnished then in Germany).

Therefore my understanding was that any calendar on customer site calculates the goods receiving day (here the Spanish customer) and the calender for the shipping point calculates the Material availability date resp. the Goods Issue date but not the complete transit time.

In other words: My setting in the Spanish customer has no meaning, anyway all dates are calculated based on the calendar in the shipping point, no matter what calendar is on customer site.

My problem does not depend especially on a calendar setting on customer site.

Even without a fix goods receiving day, e.g. for a requested date on Fridays we have the same problem.

In that week where a holiday is, the system calculates one day earlier even the original dates (without holiday) could be used without any danger. In fact we are delivering too early to that customer.

Regards,

Hartmut Kroeger

Edited by: Hartmut Kroeger on Jun 5, 2009 7:45 AM

Hi all...

In the meantime I got the solution!

As already explained, on customer site everything is OK, same with the shipping point. Problems I had just with the transportation times, I wanted to ignore any holidays there. This is possible by assigning in the routes directly a calendar, of course without any holidays.

So now all levels are OK for me (customer, routes, shipping point).

Regards,

Hartmut Kroeger