cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Partial delivery BOM - items not copied in subsequent delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BOM in Sales order and we have activated delivery group for the BOM header item category.

When we create first delivery we change the BOM header item quantity in delivey ( all the components quantity change accordingly) and save the delivery.

Now when we try to create second delivery with reference to the same delivery for the left out qunatity in sales order, system is not copying the components of BOM items ( it is only copying BOM header) from sales order to delivery.

Please let us know how can we create subsequent delivery with reference to the same sales order and delivery should get all the BOM items from SO to delivery.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks

Venkata Rama Reddy,K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check tht proper copy control setting. for the Item category mentioned. The copy schedule line should be ticked.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We already set the delivery group to A, and still having the same result. We change the BOM header quantity only and automatically the component quantity is updated.

This happens only if there are two header BOM in the Sales Order. See example below:

Bom Header 1 = 100

Bom Component 1a - 80 (partial delivered)

Bom Component 1b - 20 (partial delivered)

Bom Header 2 = 200

Bom Component 2a - 150

Bom Component 2b - 50

When creating outbound delivery, initially all the materials are copied to the outbound document. If we want to delivery only Bom Header 2, then we will delete the Bom Header 1 line item.

Upon deletion, the status of the component becomes fully delivered in the SO, but the Bom header is still partial delivered.

Please confirm how to correct this.

**If there is only one BOM Item in the order, then partial delivery is ok..

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Please help me on the partial delivery of BOM components topic.

Because in my scenario we have prepared a BOM and some components are short in quantity. now if I want to make the delivery of the BOM by reducing the quantity of sub components can I determine the change in cost and price of the BOM accordingly? Also tell me how to carry out the delivery and billing in this case?

and how can we provide the remaing the components in the second delivery ?

please if u have any document which will help me on above queries tell me.

thanks in advance.

regards,

vojas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check whether with in the Item Category of the Main Item , maintain Delivery Group as "A" and then try to do the Delivery.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Goto VTLA,Select your valid combination.

Double click on item.Select your item category.Goto Details.

Pls tick the box for the field "Reexplode structure/free goods".

The configuration must be blank.

"copy schedule lines" tab must be ticked.

Regards,

Krishna.