Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizaion default button in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have EP using which the users access ESS and MSS.

When they try accessing certaing tabs in ESS/MSS, they are getting error of the kind

"You do not have the authorization to start service sap.com/mss~ato/AttendanceOverviewApp"

We have ECC6 as the ABAP backend. The above authorization is added in some role using PFCG->MENU Tab-> Authorization default-> External Service( Webdynpro).

My understanding is that we are giving access to Webdypros in the role. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Secondly, can anybody tell me how i can directly find the authorizations to be added for the webdynpros in the role for ESS and MSS access? Right now the functional team is going to each link and when they come back with an authorization error i add them to the role.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We have ECC6 as the ABAP backend. The above authorization is added in some role using PFCG->MENU Tab-> Authorization default-> External Service( Webdynpro).

> My understanding is that we are giving access to Webdypros in the role. Please correct me if i am wrong.

>

This is the correct way to do it. S_SERVICE will be automatically updated with status Standard.

> Secondly, can anybody tell me how i can directly find the authorizations to be added for the webdynpros in the role for ESS and MSS access? Right now the functional team is going to each link and when they come back with an authorization error i add them to the role.

We had faced the similar issue. We created a spreadsheet of all the links and what applications ( FUGR, dynpro..etc) they call in the backend. We had to work with the functional team, the portal team and the development team in tandem to be pro-active and update all the roles with proper access. Doing it the current way, one-on-one requests will just add to the frustration of the functional teams......

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Abhishek

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We have ECC6 as the ABAP backend. The above authorization is added in some role using PFCG->MENU Tab-> Authorization default-> External Service( Webdynpro).

> My understanding is that we are giving access to Webdypros in the role. Please correct me if i am wrong.

>

This is the correct way to do it. S_SERVICE will be automatically updated with status Standard.

> Secondly, can anybody tell me how i can directly find the authorizations to be added for the webdynpros in the role for ESS and MSS access? Right now the functional team is going to each link and when they come back with an authorization error i add them to the role.

We had faced the similar issue. We created a spreadsheet of all the links and what applications ( FUGR, dynpro..etc) they call in the backend. We had to work with the functional team, the portal team and the development team in tandem to be pro-active and update all the roles with proper access. Doing it the current way, one-on-one requests will just add to the frustration of the functional teams......

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Abhishek

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether he has access to OSS1 and proper authorizations pulled by this TCode.

Specially:

S_OSS1_CTL

S_C_FUNCT

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan, this is Employee Self Serive (ESS) and Manager Self Service (MSS).

Not OSS