cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete the contents of the Cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to delete the contents of the cube selecting the option<b>(Delete Data</b>) from the context menu of the cube.

I am getting the error message as

Database Table /BI0/F0PA_C01 Could not be deleted or recreated.

is there a way to solve this issue.

Thanks & Reegards

Chetana. S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a process chain for this cube, may be that is the problem.

Now i am not able to delete the process chain.

Does any one knows procedure to delete the process chain.

Thanks & Regards

Chetana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF you are using the cube in the process chain just include the variant 'delate contents' before loading step in the process chain. It will automatically delete the contents before loading. But can you elobarate the error it is giving while you are trying to delete the data manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to schedule the data load for the cube.

This cube does not have Delta update.

I have to Schedule Full update.

To do that, i have to delete the contents of the cube.

To do so, i have to follow this procedure,

Opn the infocube-> Data Targets. Select Data Targets Radio Button,and selct the Delete Contents Check Box.

Due to the Deletion problem,i am not able to Schedule Data load. Is there a way to solve this problem.

Thanks n Regards

Chetana

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exact problem?.

The below link will help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b21f98be886a45a4bb7e123e86e4c2/frameset.htm

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetana,

If you have to delete the data from the cube and then again schedule full updates, following are the steps:

(please dont bother about the present error and go ahead with the following steps):

1. right click on cube-> Manage. In the requests tab, select all requests and click on the delte icon below.

click on refresh till you dont see any requests on this screen.

2. if you had some initialisation loads done before in this cube, go to the infopackage for the init loads.

In the infopackage change screen, go to the menu scheduler-> initialisation options for source system-> delete the request(if any).

3. the above steps will ensure that all data is deleted from the cube. you can then go ahead and load full update data loads on the same( if you are sure you want to go ahead with the full update option).

Hope this helps..

thanks,

(dont forget to assign points for helpful answers...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetana,

Please check the options in the infopackage where you can automatically delete the data by selecting in the Data targets tab .

Make sure you use only once, as this is automatic in the infopackage, or uncheck once you are done.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetana Reddy,

Some times "orphan links" can cause problems. Try:

1) Create a temp cube and copy your original cube structure only...(Not the data)

2) Delete the original cube (hope it will be OK!)

3) Use either the temp cube OR copy once again into a new cube.

Good luck, BB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you attempt to delete the data? You can delete the data by right clicking the cube in RSA1 and choosing Delete data...is this what you did?

Right click the cube > Manage. Do you see any requests on the Requests tab?

You need to choose delete both fact table an d dimension tables.

similar prob go thru this thread

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

try deleting by highlighting all requests and clicking on delete button(in 'manage' screen of the cube).

do u have any valid requests at all in the cube?

cheers,

Vishvesh