cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the Role/Activity of BASIS Consultant in SAP DATA Archiving?What i heard is, this activty Functional Consultants will do by using SARA Tcode.what is the role of functional consultant in data archiving.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check out the following link, it'll help you get started: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/87/b12642aaf1de2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are the prerequisites before we doing data archiving.

Thanku

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean?... technical prerequisites?

You need a content repository and objects to archive.

As mentioned before (lots of times), Archiving is a very serious task... require a specialized analysis to choose what objects require archiving and a deal with the LOB's to establish retention periods in keeping with the company policies and the local legislation.

Please describe your scenario in detail. As far as i can see you are in the very early stages and do not have enough info.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basis is also involved on setup the repositories, configure SARA, monitor and trobleshoot the archiving jobs... etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for inputs.As per my understanding as a basis consultant I have to do the below techincal settings:

a) Cross-Archiving Object Customizing:

b) Archiving Object-Specific Customizing:

c) Basis Customizing

From functional consultants what are the inputs I have to take,bcoz as a basis consultant we dont know the flow of modules and dependencies of modules and archiving objects on each module and how to maintain the variants etc., .what is the role & responsiibility of as functional consultant

in data archiving from each Module.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any Inputs from the same.

Thanku

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I find hard to believe that you are been left with the responsability of determine what tasks are for basis and what tasks are for the funtional team. Archiving is not a small project.... Is you company not using a project manager for this activity?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The technical consultant has to design and configure the architecture, to assist the funtional consultant, to manage the archiving jobs, to manage and optimise the database, and so on...

Regards,

Olivier