cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS hangs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ADS's . We have a problem with ADS. The ADS are configured on 2 servers ABAP+JAVA installations.

the problem are : after some time working (1 week, 2 or 3 week) ADS hangs and not work at all in one of servers, i'm checking logs with logviewer and no one error are in defaulttrace.trc , the sm59 ADS test connection works, the JAVA stack are accesible, but if we try for example execute FP_TEST_00 it "hangs"

looks like forever ). In this time we need to change the SM59 server in ADS configuration, but after this changing we have big problems, more users can't work correctly (i'm think is because ADS used for SFP).

We see loks in DB01 and many workprocess are used not correctly (as DIA or UPD wp's).

How can we check why the ADS hangs and what can we do?

P.S. after JAVA stack restarting, ADS works fine again.

Regadrs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

If your ADS works after J2EE restarting than our "common" solution AKA "check configuration" is not going to work for you.

1) At the same time, as J2EE and ADS are both resource consuming creatures, than it maybe something wrong with your sizing, e.g. not enough RAM at the server - so it "dies" under heavy load.

2) And, sorry for asking, are you using the latest patches for entire J2EE stack and especially for ADS app?

3) Finally, what about SAP Support? Did you open CSS message and what was the result?

Regards,

Petr Perstnev

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN bug's

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on May 19, 2009 6:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN bug's

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN bug's

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN bug's

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on May 19, 2009 3:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr.

1) Memory are configured fine and memory are enough on server ...

yes it can be problem on one of this server becouse it are 32 bit, but why on second server with 64 ....

2) No it is are not the latest SP (i can't install lates for some specific reason on one server it's are 15 (on 32 bit) and 16 P.L. on 64 bit ...

3) I'm think call will be opened in next time when whis situation repeates ...., but strange the JAVA stack isfully accesible, no error's about memory configuration, no errors in default trace, only "hangs"

и хоть лопатой бей.

Are SDN works FINE ???????????????????

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> и хоть лопатой бей.

Это выход! Лопату дать?

> Are SDN works FINE ???????????????????

Have never seen such problems as your 5 repeating messages. Seems like your hanging ADS affects your "Post Message" button on this forum.

As for your problem. What is nice about ADS is that you can install and configure several of such services and switch between them just by changing your settings in SM59. What I can propose to you is install a fresh J2EE with ADS on separate server (or make a copy or your current one), patch it fully, switch your ABAP system in SM59 to new ADS and see if same problems are going to arise.

Btw, our Indian friends at SAP support are going to ask you to patch ADS nevertheless as their first solution. So why don't give it a try before.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN bug's