Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM JAVA APIs 5.5 VS 7.1

NarendraChandel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can any body tell me what are the extra features provided for MDM java apis 7.1 as compared to 5.5 for the below topics.

1. Parent Child relationship.

2. Heirarchy/taxonomies.

Earlier they are few gaps in 5.5 on these topics so may be 7.1 would have addressed those.

please help.

regards

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Please follow the below link .....

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm]

Cheers,

Veeru.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know about Hirerchies/Texanomies as we didnt implement it.

Other than that the major change is saying good bye to qualified lookups as for its limitations and bringing in tuples.

Tuples- Multi Valued ( can store multiple records for the same field in main table)

single value - one record per mapping on main table field.

Tuples can also be nested in which case the outer tuple can be single/multi value and so is the inner tuple.

Other than tuple, the main addition is multiple main tables. you can lookup from one main table to another main table but don't cross reference as might have performance issues(not tested in our scenario).

Regards,

Nitin

NarendraChandel
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The link given does not tells about my requirements.

Still not answered.

regards

Narendra

Edited by: Narendra Singh on May 20, 2009 5:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

The following page shows the delta between the latest MDM 5.5 Java API release (MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 3) and the current MDM 7.1 Java API on method level:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/49/17931fa3461905e10000000a42189c/content.htm

While there were some slight enhancements in the topics you mentioned, no big changes took place. But maybe the changes that were made are what you need - you might want to take a look!

Can you state what gaps you've identified with the MDM 5.5 Java API?

Best regards,

Dennis