cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI system LOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can I check XI system log besides sm21? thanks!!! I'm trying to look for the error that occured in the past.

Thanks!

Regards,

IX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what caused XI Netweaver HTML's downtime. I'll try to apply your tips and advices. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still have not seen the cause of XI Netweaver error.

Last May 16, 2009, there was an offline backup for XI PRD. After the backup, XI PRD was back online. The problem was, XI netweaver services were not turned on. What could have caused this? Also, because of this, pending transactions in the FTP were not processed.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this can in 99% of cases be found in serversdt file

as everything is saved there during the XI startup

and all services start can be seen there (or errors with thier start)

try AL11 and search for it

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignatius,

Are you facing this problem after the restart of your production system with the File / JDBC adapters ?

If so you need to restart the related services in the Visual Admin.

The log files will be created at the OS level in the std_server0.out file or you can monitor the same under the Tcode : AL11.

Some times we need to perform manual restart for these servies.........

Regards

Harsha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

depending on what kind of error are you looking for

many errors can be found as described in my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logs are stored in the directory <DIR_GLOBAL> /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global ..

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Kumar.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->In RWB you can check the Flow of message using the Audit Log.

-->Audit Log can be viewed,in RWB ->COMPONENT MONITORING->click o Display->Adapter Engine->Communication channel Minitoring,in this select your Adapter type and Adapter Name and Direction,in this we have a message Id if you click on that You can view the Audit log.

-->There you can have the each step of processing the messages.

-->If you have any errors it will be explained in that steps.

-->The Processing of the Pipe Line steps will be explained in the SXMB_MONI t-code this is ABAP Stack.

-->If any error occurs in the processing of the Pipe Line steps the message flag will be in Red Color and if you select your message and double click on that you can view it.

-->Using the above you can see the error log for the Messages which are processed in the Past also.

Also Refer to the Mark Reply in this thread

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can check it from the log archieves on the server, for that you have to logon OS administrator....