cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component cannot be equal to product item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My company have some productions that parent items and component items are the same. But SAP B1 doesn't allow us to do this. This error was thrown when I tried to add this kind of production orders or BOM.

"Component cannot be equal to the production item"

For example, in normal situation, a product "A" have component "B" and "C".

"A" 2 kg = "B" 1 kg + "C" 1 kg

But, sometimes, we have to Blend them some previous batch of "A" like this

"A" 3 kg = "B" 1 kg + "C" 1 kg + "A" 1 kg

and then we got 3 kg of "A" in new batch no.

If B1 cannot have this kind of production orders, Is there any other way to do it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Create a BOM A1 as parent and A as child.

Create a standard prodn. order for A with childs B,C,A1.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

B1 doesn't allow to add A as a child item after B and C, if A is a parent item (Both in BOM production order). So, what you've suggested is not possible.

HI Jeyakanthan

The production order type are both standard and special. And I got the same error for both type.

thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeyakanthan

The production order type are both standard and special. And I got the same error for both type.

thank you for your reply

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

What is production order type ?

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeyakanthan

thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeyakanthan

thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeyakanthan

thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeyakanthan

thank you for your reply

Edited by: daron tancharoen on May 19, 2009 6:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeyakanthan

thank you for your reply

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest defining one (or more) item for temporary use to represent the item under production.

-First you can make a (probably special type) production order to produce it from its real child items.

- and finally a special type production order to produce the real item.

(If you use such items one at a time in this process, then the cost calculation will be correct too.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

System is right same item can not be a parent as well as child in single BOM

So there are two solutions

1. Created new item ,A1 like that make a production BOM for that

2. When u add production order on the base of BOM there you can put the parent item in list of child item of production order .

So best is add the item A in Production order with B and C

Waiting for ur reply

Avtar Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

B1 doesn't allow to add A as a child item after B and C, if A is a parent item (Both in BOM production order). So, what you've suggested is not possible.

thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

thank you for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Avtar Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can not have t he A item in BOM but u can have that in Production order

i tried it , it is possible

which version u are using

AVTAR SINGH SAINI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using 2005A SP01 PL 31 and can't do that in production order. Maybe, you're using 2007

thanks for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes mine is 2007

but i wll try to try the same in 2005 pl 27

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For standard recipe create a standard production order based on production BOM where A will be parent item and B, and C will be components.

In situations where parent itself is used in production process, create a special production order where A will be parent along with B,C, and A again as components.

Special production orders are not BOM driven. You are free to add the components as per your requirements.

Regards