cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM Webshop integration with SAP CRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

Please help me with following queries.

1. Is SAP CRM Webshop integrated to SAP CRM?

2. Please share your experience implementing SAP CRM Webshop for a B2C portal.

3. If the B2C portal is implemented using a custom presentation layer with a SAP CRM backend, will the integration effort be higher compared to using Webshop?

We are in process of implementing CRM but looking forward to evaluate options other than SAP CRM Webshop.

Waiting for inputs.

Regards

DD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is SAP CRM Webshop integrated to SAP CRM?

Yes. Uses JCo to "integrate" to CRM

2. Please share your experience implementing SAP CRM Webshop for a B2C portal.

Define B2C Portal in SAP terms. SAP CRM Webshop has been developed as an independent Java web application and doesn't "share" session or context with other applications. Unless you define what else you want to do in your B2C portal, it is difficult to say how bad it is going to be. If you box-in the scope to the standard SAP B2C Customer portal, then it is all sweet and easy. But no customer requirement is limited to what the standard offerings are.

3. If the B2C portal is implemented using a custom presentation layer with a SAP CRM backend, will the integration effort be higher compared to using Webshop?

Yes. You will be limited to leveraging only the integration points (the JCo - CRM) but not the actual flow, optimization, logging, monitoring, business event capture, context etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Easwar Ram

Thanks for your response, I will discuss internally with my solution Architect and reply back with further queries on the subject.

Regards

DD