cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing on R/3 Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW experts,

I am loading data from 2lis_o1_s261(Delivery) from SAP 3.1i R/3. Well when I send a data request from BW, the querying of the S261 Table is taking about 2 hrs for 150,000 records on an average. Is this a good performance?

(Compared to what you all seen before?)

Well FYI. it is just the query run time in R/3 but my upload job on BW runs fast(15 mins max).

Also this table S261 on R/3 is not indexed. So do you experts have any comments on this.

Thanks

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Performance wise it is not good, because it is taking long time. Is there any exits in that datasource?. And also it is depends on any routiens and formulals in BW trasfer rules and Update rules.See any short dumps in ST22 and also see the job log in SM37.If there is any other programs are working on that tables at that time also it will take time.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, There is a user exit but I have been monitoring jobs closely and when the job reaches this user exit, it is <b>not</b> taking a long time. If just the basic querying is 2 hrs, User exit takes 10 mins. Also we are querying in the date which is one of the top fields in S261 table keys. But there are no indexes set on these tables. If an index is set on this date field....do you think performance will improve?

Also there are no rules in my transfer structure, it's one to one.

Thanks

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with the extractor, but adding indices on R3 to improve extraction time is a valid approach. You probably nee to review the extractor and see what it uses as selection criteria and then index accordingly. Talk to your DBAs about it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not good performance. Would suggest adding indices on your R/3 tables for better performance.

Cheers,

Kedar