Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use wild card character in input field

PuneetSaxena
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm creating model in which the Purchase Order information need to be entered in Input Field.

My requirement is search using wild char char as '*'

Let say in input field i gave PO order as 20* then it'll search for all the PO's which starts from 20.

Could you please share some documents/guidelines, for this issue

Thanks and Regards

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the wild card char in the input box.please try below steps.

1.Check whether the input string has ' * ' char using "CONTAINS(text,pattern)" operation.

2.If yes, Replace the ' * ' with space by "REPLACE(text,pattern,repstr)" operation.->consider this result as input2

3.Now , Have a Filter from ur webservice(which gives your Purchase Order information )

and filter it by the condition " BEGINS(WSField,input2)"

the Final expression in the filter will be "_=IF(CONTAINS(input,""),BEGINS(HelpWSField,REPLACE(input,"\","")),true)_"

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Priya

Edited by: priya on May 20, 2009 12:49 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are directly querying a table it will work, if you are using any rfc/bapi it will not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

wild card searchinh is provideed by ALV feature in VC7.1 ,Check the Filter Chcek box and it will be displayed in Runtime apllication and it will filter the rows according to your search.

Please go through the below Blog for ALV fetures.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10985] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Govindu