cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change Partial delivery indicator on delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a sales order with Partial delivery indicator as "C". Created delivery for the full quantity and saved.

Now i want to change the quantity on delivery line item and system is not allowing me. Parital delivery indicator on the delivery line item is disabled.

Scenario: Distribution has requested customer service to talk to the customer for partial delivery . Customer agreed for partial delivery and Customer service has removed parital delivery indicator "C' from the sales order.

Distribution still cannot process the delivery by changing the quantity.

Is there anyway i can change the partial delivery indicator on the delivery line item.

Thank you for you help in advance,

-Naga Shakelli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured that you cannot change the partial delivery indicator in the delivery unless you delete the delivery, change the partial delivery indicator on the sales order and then create new delivery.

Thanks everyone for your time.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot change the value(C) in Delivery document. It will be copied from the sales order. Guess you have created the delivery and not processed further. If yes, then delete the delivery document, goto sales order and change the partial delivery indicator in the sales order, save the changes and create the delivery. Now the system should allow you.

Thanks,

Ravi

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Naga,

I follow your instructions, however I am not able to simulate case as you mention. can you repeat those steps in a step-by strep guide.

In my case I dont have difficulties as per ou mention.

Hope to hear fro myou.

Regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

Here are the steps:

Step 1: In SPRO->LE->shipping->system modification->define message types, change message VL062 to Error(E). This will make sure that delivery is not created for "complete delivery Only" items if sufficient inventory is not available.

Step 2: Create a sales order and change the partial delivery indicator on the line item->shipping tab to "C".

Step 3: Create delivery

Step 4: Try changing the quantity on the delivery. You should get an error message.

Step 5: Remove Partial delivery indicator from sales order line item->shipping tab.

Step 6: Try change the quantity on the delivery again. Same error message will appear.

Step 7: on the delivery line item, Predecessor Data tab, you will see partial delivery indicator "C" and its disabled.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,

-Naga

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Now do the PGI Reversal by going to "VL09" and reverse(delete) the delivery using "VL02N". After doing this please go into the sales order and click on shipping tab at Item level and change the partial delivery indicator. Now the system would allow you to do the partial delivery. Hope this helps to solve your issue.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the same in the sales order. Kindly please go to "Sales order item--shipping tab".

You can also specify the over delivery and under delivery tolerance.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check in the customer master data ( T-code- XD02 ), sales area data, shipping tab ..change the status under partial delivery as "D" , which means " no limit to subsequent delivery". Now create the order again.

Hope this will answer ur question.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i assume that the entire sales order quantity has already been processed for delivery (included in the delivery document). if so, the order is already completed and cannot be edited (you can, however, add items).

try going to the delivery document and reducing the delivery quantity. this will re-open the order and perhaps then you would be able to make changes.

regards.