cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with automatic syndications in MDM 5.5 SP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone a solution for the following problem?

I have a MDM repository for central master data management for articles. This i running under MDM 5.5 SP6. I use timestamps depending on spesific fields in order to execute the syndications. Most of the syndications are running automaticly and continously, with some few seconds delay between the syndication rounds.

Each syndication takes some few seconds, appr. 10-15. When an end-user save the change, and the timestamp for the actual change happens to be in between the start/end of the belonging syndication, the record is not included in the syndication, and it seems that the status telling the mdm system that a record has been changed, is reset, although the record has not been syndicated. Thus the record is not included in the next syndication round either.

I appreciate if anyone could help me.

Regards,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

Do you syndication going without errors usally?

Pls load "Syndicator" with some map and check data in "Destination preview" Tab

Maybe you are use some "merge items"?

Tab "Map properties->Supress unchanged records" set On?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

Normally syndications work perfect without errors. It is only when the timestamps happens to be inside the start/stop interval of the syndication that things go wrong.

When such a failure is discovered, the end user make another change on the article, an then it will be syndicated next round.

I do not use merge items, and Supress unchanged records is set on.

I believe this should be adressed SAP as an OSS......

Jens

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem has been solved by SAP in a later build og MDM 5.5 SP6.

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Increase the value of Auto Syndication Task Delay parameter in MDSS.ini so that Syndication Server should able to process all the records.

Restart the syndication server to incorporate the changes made in .ini file and then check the o/p.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have increased the Task Delay from 10 sec to 180 sec and the number of errors has been considerably reduced. But the error situation is still existing.....

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Workaround could be to use MDM Workflows.

Design the workflow as shown below

Start -> Branch -> Syndicate -> Stop

-> Stop

Just pass the outbound port of type manual to the syndicate step and set the trigger action of the workflow to record update. Now whenever record gets updated, its time stamp gets modified and the workflow gets launched. If it is the desired record then it clears the validation step and go to syndicate step. Syndicate step just mark the records for syndication, it doesn't actually syndicates it. At the last it is the job of syndication server to actually syndicate the records. With this design you will get all the updates records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh,

My question would be if you use manual port does Auto syndication task delay settings come into Picture i.e. my workflow will be called and records will be on port. now say my task delay is set to 30 mins will it syndicate records after 30 mins from Manual port( in the workflow)?

Bindi