cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP: Security Approver Determinator and emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a stage that is set to use "Security" as the Approver Determinator. The approvals work for this stage but no emails are sent to the people that are in the security group.

Is it just expected that the security group will be monitoring the "My Work" tab for requests or is this a bug?

Does anyone else receive emails when routing a request to "Security"?

I have all of the emails configured in the stage. My other stages receive emails fine.

Running AC 5.3 SP07 patch 01

Regards,

-J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use LDAP linked to UME for our user authentication. I double checked the users and the email addresses are being mappped correctly. The AESecurity Role also has users assigned.

I noticed that the email is not even placing the record in the "virsa_ae_emllog" table for the security stage. I can see it in there for the other stages.

I guess for some reason it is not finding the approvers.

I cannot post the log file because of the information that is contained in it. Is there anything in particulae that I can look for to see where there might be a problem? I searched for "Error" and only find one whihc the app seems to handle internally:

2009-05-19 12:36:20,501 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_11] DEBUG WorkFlowBOHelper.java@2522:handleWFForNewPathStage() : A record doesn not exist in the WFHist table which is in same state as current record, so inserting : com.virsa.ae.core.ObjectNotFoundException: no dtos exist which are in the same state as the passing dto

2009-05-19 12:36:20,501 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_11] ERROR no dtos exist which are in the same state as the passing dto

com.virsa.ae.core.ObjectNotFoundException: no dtos exist which are in the same state as the passing dto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other comments/ideas on what may be wrong with this one? If not I'll open a message

I did some more testing.

Created a UME user with an email address, assigned it to the AESecurity role. Result: no notification

Switch back to UME for the USer Data Sources. Result: No Notification.

I added a "Email Group" emaill address to the Security stage: Result: Received email.

So there has to be an issue with how this si looking for the users in UME. Does anyone know how this is done? Does it actually look for the Specific "AESecurity" Role assigned to the users or a particular action that is in that role?

Again this is only not working for the Security stage, my manager and ROle owners stages receive email properly.

Thx,

-J

Edited by: John Whalen on May 21, 2009 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue as John did.

If any one of you had the same problem and solved the issue, please share with me.

Thanks,

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

The email will be sent on Notification Configuration in stage.

There are options in the Notification Configuration like if the request is approved then the email should go to User or Requestor or Manager or Other Appover etc etc.

So, it is upto you to set the Notification Configuration in stage.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

If you can see email address for all those folks then can you please paste logs here?

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Each and every primary/main approver will receive email no matter what the approver determinator or stage is. Do you know if all the security folks have email defined for them? Do you know from where CUP picks up security people? CUP looks in the UME and checks who has 'AESecurity' role assigned to them. Once it finds these users, it looks for their email addresses in UME and sends email.

Regards,

Alpesh